Using the BSU-Nevada Game to Predict Saskatchewan Roughrider Victory in the Grey Cup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
Using the BSU-Nevada game as a barometer,I predict that the Saskatchewan Roughriders(Nevada) will beat the Montreal Alouettes(Boise State) in the Grey Cup Championship this Sunday at 6pm EST(live on ESPN3 & on D* 682 ALTa). The Riders will beat the Als in revenge for the last Grey Cup & the opening game of this season(who can forget the overtime victory by the Als?).

Riders will win....and if it is close at the end the Riders will remember how to count to 12 (and not have 13 guys on the field)

Checked the weather for Edmonton tomorrow. Kickoff temperature will be 16 degrees with light snow. Yet another reason the Grey Cup is far more fun than the Super Bowl.

Baltimore Stallions AKA Montreal

Lost the 94 grey cup to BC on a last second FG
won the 95 grey cup
moved to Montreal right after that since Baltimore got a NFL team then

You get a gold star! On a side note, the team initially played under the name Colts and CFL Colts for a while before stripped of that moniker by the NFL. I recall them playing at least half of a season as only Baltimore before they were given the name Stallions via some fan poll.

If I remember the story the PA announcer would say something like
"1st down for your Baltimore"...and then pause while the fans said "Colts" :)

and without looking I think they beat Calgary and Doug Flutie in 95 for the Grey Cup

congrats to Montreal.....although I wish the riders would have won ;)

If you watch the last play when Durant threw the INT in the NFL they would have called that a sack about 5 seconds earlier.... ;)

I had attended about three of those games that year; one against San Antonio, one against Hamilton and a game against Winnipeg. The Hamilton game was my first date with my-now wife. I'll never forget the look on her face when she saw how big the field was.

They were "Baltimore CFL" in 1994. They became BFC or Baltimore FC at the beginning of 1995; one game into the regular season they changed to Baltimore Stallions.

The owner of the Stallions, Jim Speros, was supposed to be the president of this year's UFL Virginia Beach expansion franchise, but it fell through.

That Stallions championship season was a lot of fun. They were a very exciting team to watch. Sadly the mood was dampened by Modell announcing his move just prior to the CFL playoffs. However I did read a book many years later that said that Speros had run up so many debts in Baltimore that the team may have not returned in 1996 even if Modell hadn't moved in. In fact the first season after relocation to Montreal was a financial disaster and it wasn't until the Wetenhall's bought the team that it became the success story, both on and off the field, that it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)