Using two UHF remotes with a dual receiver

bailabonbon

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Wisconsin
I need some help figuring out how to get two UHF remotes to work with my receiver.

I am using a dual VIP222K DISH receiver. The receiver is in the same room as TV1, but my current 20.1 IR remote does not work well through the doors of our TV Stand. I currently have a UHF remote in my family room that works well regardless of whether or not the doors are closed.

I am hoping to get a UHF remote to work in my living room too, so my TV stand won't get in the way all the time. I have a 21.0 IR/UHF Pro remote I would like to set up for TV1 in the living room.

This is what I have tried:
-the green 1 key is facing up
-the switch by the batteries is on UHF
-I tried holding the System Wizard (0) button on the remote and going through the setup wizard, which is saying that the remote is set up for TV1 and UHF, but the remote still does not work if the doors are closed on the TV stand.

How can I get this remote set up correctly for UHF for TV1? Any help would be appreciated!

I need some help figuring out how to get two UHF remotes to work with my receiver.

I am using a dual VIP222K DISH receiver. The receiver is in the same room as TV1, but my current 20.1 IR remote does not work well through the doors of our TV Stand. I currently have a UHF remote in my family room that works well regardless of whether or not the doors are closed.

I am hoping to get a UHF remote to work in my living room too, so my TV stand won't get in the way all the time. I have a 21.0 IR/UHF Pro remote I would like to set up for TV1 in the living room.

-I tried holding the System Wizard (0) button on the remote and going through the setup wizard, which is saying that the remote is set up for TV1 and UHF, but the remote still does not work if the doors are closed on the TV stand.

How can I get this remote set up correctly for UHF for TV1? Any help would be appreciated!

Press system info on the front panel. Take note of what the primary remote addresses in the white box is. If its an even number then in the next step use an odd remote address or vice versa.

Press and hold sat button till the mode lights flash, let sat go.

Enter a different remote address number (odd/even) 1-31 I believe.

Press # then the record button 1 or 2 times and the address in the white box should change to the new number you entered. Exit system info and test the remote.

Checked remote address, TV1 remote was set at 14 and TV2 remote set at 10. I changed TV1 remote to 11, and remote still not working through the doors of TV stand. Also tried changing to 3 and that did not work either.

Checked remote address, TV1 remote was set at 14 and TV2 remote set at 10. I changed TV1 remote to 11, and remote still not working through the doors of TV stand. Also tried changing to 3 and that did not work either.

Since TV2 is an even number and it isn't having an issue, try programming the new remote to a different even number just to see if it helps. If nothing else, connect a piece of coax to the remote antenna port on the receiver and extend the antenna out the back of the TV stand so its out in the open.

Does he need to switch the green number 1 to blue #2?

If you are having trouble using the remote at one location, send the remote antenna from the receiver on the TV2 line. THat is what I did before hopper. Take a splitter and back feed it Remote and TV2 and on the common line send it to all the TV's you want to. At the tv split the line, using a splitter and feed one output of the splitter to the tv and the other to a 12" wire. This becomes you local antenna for that TV on tv2. Do that at all tv's. And for best resonse use only a two tap splitter and use a channel for TV2 that is other than the default (I used 21), because splitters have a loss and the lower channels have more signal on the dish receivers and this overcomes all lousy pictures. Of course, not splitting the line with TV2 and only splitting the remote line on a seperate coax to each tv location will do it without affecting the picture.

If you are having trouble using the remote at one location, send the remote antenna from the receiver on the TV2 line. THat is what I did before hopper. Take a splitter and back feed it Remote and TV2 and on the common line send it to all the TV's you want to. At the tv split the line, using a splitter and feed one output of the splitter to the tv and the other to a 12" wire. This becomes you local antenna for that TV on tv2. Do that at all tv's. And for best resonse use only a two tap splitter and use a channel for TV2 that is other than the default (I used 21), because splitters have a loss and the lower channels have more signal on the dish receivers and this overcomes all lousy pictures. Of course, not splitting the line with TV2 and only splitting the remote line on a seperate coax to each tv location will do it without affecting the picture.
Does not apply to this thread, the OP is trying to setup a UHF remote for TV 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)