Utopia

Nebugeater

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
http://www.utopiatv.com/home

What does anyone think about this upcoming Fox reality TV show? Goes on for a year. 15 People creating their own "world"

Sounds like Big Brother on Steroids in some way. Also reminds me of the show on a couple of season where people were put in a much smaller area and they had to survive after near a simulated near world distruction with what they found and were attacked by outsiders and everything. Not sure what network that was on, May have been called the Colony or something along those lines. I remember watching two season and do not know if there were more.

Anyway, the idea of this new show could be interesting or could be a utter failure. It will have to have a hook to keep people watching for a year.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/fox...-series-compound-in-santa-clarita-1201288129/

“Utopia” will open with a three-night premiere on Sept. 7, Sept. 9 and Sept. 12. It will then air regularly on Tuesdays, with six special Friday airings lined up as well. The program is a gamble for Fox, especially as it is taking up so many hours on the schedule in the days leading up to the formal launch of the 2014-15 season. The hope is that the show will be on the schedule for a full year.

Anyone watch it? I watched part and it was pretty bad. Don't really like any of the people and they are already fighting like cats and dogs. I would have thought that everyone would be nice at least for a few days.

I tried to watch it, but it looked as though they went and found the types of people I can't stand the most, so I had to give up on it.

the utopian concept will never succeed unless there is a wholesale shift in human mentality.
just like communism it looks great on paper.

neither will work because humans are the most opportunistic creatures on the planet.

What if it gets canceled mid season and they do not tell the people on set? :D

I actually watched the first two on DVR where I could move forward. A little rough to start with but I will watch one or two more before I decide to continue or not. Will not spend any effort to look at the live steams though.

Not looking good. Fox is dropping Tuesday episodes and will be airing MasterChef Junior on Tuesday instead of Friday.

S~

I've been watching and it is kind of interesting. To get a group of misfits of society together to create a 'utopia' seems idiotic when you think about it, yet I find it fascinating to see them do so many bone headed things and argue so much.

I won't miss it if it survives, but will probably keep watching to see when they decide not to share a brain.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk