Vacation/Seasonal Disconnect Question

snathanb

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 26, 2004
DFW
Are lease (DHA) customers allowed to do a vacation/seasonal disconnect? And, if so, are you charged lease fees during the disconnect period or just the $5 month hold fee?

snathanb said:
Are lease (DHA) customers allowed to do a vacation/seasonal disconnect? And, if so, are you charged lease fees during the disconnect period or just the $5 month hold fee?

I don't know about season disconnect, but for every month that receiver is on your property you will be charged the lease fee.

John

dish pause

dish pause is $10/month for dha/dhp accounts where you lease, and if do participate in dish pause, do not remove any waivers you may have acquired as when you remove dish pause you will have to resubmit them if you remove them. pay the extra $1.50/month if you have a waiver and leave it on when you do dish pause. the same is true about premium extended warranty/basic extended warranty- pxw or bxw, as you can't add them on after they have been removed.

Where did you find this information for the dish pause?
I can't find anything like it on the Dish website. They only mention the seasonal/vacation disconnect, but you can't do this if you are tied to a programming commitment.

Be careful if you do this. I have the old, grandfathered $1.99 extended warranty and if I were to put my account on pause, I would lose it and it would go to the current rate of $5.99.

aphio....

Better check your stuff before just saying that. It's clear on all DHA contracts that you must maintain at60 or higher at all times, but if you know different, maybe but I don't think so...

BFG said:
aphio....

Better check your stuff before just saying that. It's clear on all DHA contracts that you must maintain at60 or higher at all times, but if you know different, maybe but I don't think so...
BFG is correct.

AND, if you bought your system from a local retailer, any pause/disconnect in the first year takes the money out of HIS pocket, NOT Charlie's. :(

That's why so many folks are forced to go to a 3rd-party contract to prevent you from doing this.

New (?) NBR documentation

311 needed a hit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)