311 needed a hit

twillers

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Had to call E* tech support last night. I presented E* with a problem the CSR said he never heard of before. I subscribe to the top 60 and Showtime unlimited. I found if I scrolled through the PPV section on the All Chan or All Sub lists certain channels were showing the movie instead of the box asking if you want to purchase it. Across the bottom of the movie it asked if I wanted to purchase it. If I clicked cancel or no, the message went away and I got to watch the movie. That's the good part. The bad part was, I was unable to watch 2 of my Showtime channels (327, 328) because a little box appeared that asked if I wanted to purchase the movie. One of the movies was Ray, and said it was playing on TMC-East. The other channel offered a different movie on TMC-West. Both of them were PPV movies, even though it showed as TMC.
To correct the problem they sent the receiver a hit, and I had to reset it pushing and holding the on/off button on the front of the receiver for 6 seconds.
It would have been nice to keep watching the PPV movies, but just my luck, somehow I'd start being charged for them.

If a receiver is disconnected from the satellite or does not have power to it for a period of time then it will lose its authorization.

Also you get a free preview of ppv's the first five minutes and ask if you want to purchase it.

Stargazer said:
If a receiver is disconnected from the satellite or does not have power to it for a period of time then it will lose its authorization.

Also you get a free preview of ppv's the first five minutes and ask if you want to purchase it.
In my case, I almost never shut off the receiver. As far as the preview goes, I always got a box that asks if want to purchase the movie. That's the way it's alway been, and how it is now since they reset the receiver. The CSR said it was very strange.