Validation (61.5/110/119 related)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

t.salerno58

Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
Dryden, NY
I've been lurking around here for a while but this is my first post. Sorry if this is a repeat of past info. I have read through several posts on this issue but I would like to validate that I am thinking correctly. I am one of those with the 61.5/110/119 setups looking to get to Eastern Arc or some setup to get all HD available. I am in Central NY on America's Everything pack with HD. Hardware is Dish500 (110/119) Dish 300 (61.5), DP44 switch, VIP722 and two older SD receivers (DVR310D and a 2700). To upgrade to EA I will have to get Dish out here to replace the dish and replace the two older receivers. Until I replace other TVs in the house I really don't want to replace the older receivers. I own all equipment.

I have an old 300 dish with a legacy LNB in the Garage. I know the the LNB would not work but I am thinking I could get a DP single LNB, mount this dish (or get a Dish 500 with "I" adapter and single DP LNB) and point it at 72.7. connect it the the remaining port on the DP44 and I will have 61.5/72.7/110/119. I believe this setup is one that a Dish tech would install but It would work, Correct? I read in one thread a statement that there may be possible future hardware issues with this Multi-arc setup. What would that be? What I am asking here is for validation that this setup would work and that there are no technical or ethical reasons that that I should not set this up.

Thanks

I believe you are 100% correct. But be apprised of the fact that Dish frowns on this combination since it's still mixed arc and they don't want to worry about where (among the 3 sats in each arc) they put things. So in the future they might put channels on 77 and 129, and in that case you would be out of luck. For now, you're golden.

thanks for the reply. That makes sense why dish would frown. Maybe a better approach would be to get a 1000.4 dish for EA and connect it to the 722. leave the Dish 500 connected to the DP44 and the two older receivers. Of course that dish would cost me about the same as replacing one of the receivers. either way, I know I will have to eventually replace the 310 and 2700, I just don't want to do it now. If I can put up another dish for the cost of a single LNB, seems worth it for now.

dahenny, Right, My goal here is to get the currently missing HD Channels (and any new ones they put on 72.7) to the VIP722.

It's true that 72.7 is all mpeg4 but that doesn't matter as your SD receivers would still get programing from 110/119

Pointing a forth dish at 72.7 would allow you to gain the missing HD on your 722 without losing anything.

Maybe a better approach would be to get a 1000.4 dish for EA and connect it to the 722. leave the Dish 500 connected to the DP44 and the two older receivers.

I had a similar situation and that is exactly what I did; two separate setups. If you sign up for the monthly service protection plan, they will send an installer to set up an eastern arc dish for $15. Best of both worlds...1000.4 for the HD MPEG4 receivers, and the old setup for the legacy receivers.

Dish came to my Eastern arc upgrade but I cant get 77 because of trees lots of them and the guy that owns that land is a real jerk would never let me cut them. So he added a third Dish 500 for 72.7 and gave me a mixed arc install Tech did not care what he installed as long as it worked well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)