Various questions on 622/Dish install

JimP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Wetumpka, AL
I'm trying to resolve some of the question I have prior to switching over to Dish.

1. I currently have a Voom oversized satellite dish(no rain fade) on the roof from back when Voom was still alive. If I get the majority of my HD channels from the 61.5 satellite, can they use that dish. I'd pref to keep it over a dish that is more rainfade prone.

2. How many coax wires does the 622 receiver require to work. I have an OTA HD already in place along with the cable that was used for Voom. It was tough getting these wires down an inside wall.

3. In real world terms, can you actually record 30 hrs of HD on the 622??

JimP:

1) Depends on your installer and what E* puts on your work order. If you're in an area that can receive the 129 sat. then E* will specify a D1000 to receive 110/119/129. If you need instead to receive the 61.5 sat. then you will have 2 dishes, probably a D500 for 110/119 and something else for 61.5, which you obviously already have. Either way you can probably talk the installer into leaving/using the old voom dish, but I'm not sure if its LNB will work with the DPP Twin that will likely be part of the D500 or D1000, so a LNB swap might be required.

2) Just one for the sat. tuners assuming its coming from an DPP LNB or switch; in that case the "separator" that comes with the 622 feeds the appropriate signal to both tuner inputs. If you're planning on using that same OTA antenna, those signals can be run in the same coax using diplexers to insert and extract them, but it's highly recommended to run a separate coax for OTA. (Not sure what you have now from your description.)

3) I have come close, 25+ hours, with the rest some SD stuff. I believe that's a good estimate...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)