Moving to Lancaster MN - What locals??

visiter555

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Pembina, ND
Well, we have finally decided on Lancaster MN for our move from Sarasota.

What will I be able to get from Dish for locals? What is the spotbeam signal like up there?

I currently have waivers (from Sarasota LOL) and get NY & LA, so I believe that getting the eligible locals would be cheaper, though I will miss some of the wild news from NY & LA!! It will be nice to get rid of the 14% sales taxes here as well! (See Ice...I ended up in MN not ND).

Anyone have any ideas of what I am eligble for besides my second move and third timezone in six months?

visiter555 said:
It will be nice to get rid of the 14% sales taxes here as well!

:confused:

You're moving to MN to avoid taxes?? Also known as "The California of the Midwest". Baahahahahaha. That's like taking up smoking to avoid cancer.

:welcome to the state where common sense goes to die. :D

Yeah, sales tax is reasonable and there is none on clothing which is nice. It's every other fee, license, etc they pin on you here. Can't do anything without paying a fee for a sticker to put on your car, boat, ATV, dog, etc of some sort. Rediculous is what it is. Don't even get me started on property taxes.......... I suppose if you're a Lib this is the place to live. :rolleyes:

Cowchip said:
It's every other fee, license, etc they pin on you here. Can't do anything without paying a fee for a sticker to put on your car, boat, ATV, dog, etc of some sort. Rediculous is what it is.

remember....we aren't getting any new "taxes" (as the Governor says)..them are "fees" :D:rolleyes:

Iceberg said:
remember....we aren't getting any new "taxes" (as the Governor says)..them are "fees" :D:rolleyes:

lol. Yeah, I'm not as worried about some of the new "taxes" as I am about old, outdated and unneeded ones that are still on the books. Funny how other states seem to get by just fine without them. lol.

No, the fishing isn't that good....or as good as it's hyped up to be. I suppose if you never left MN you would think it was spectacular but it's really nothing special. Believe me, the grass IS greener on the other side of the fences....I've been there.

At least he's moving far north where the fishing is somewhat better and less crowded. Not to mention the water is actually CLEAN!

Cowchip said:
lol. Yeah, I'm not as worried about some of the new "taxes" as I am about old, outdated and unneeded ones that are still on the books. Funny how other states seem to get by just fine without them. lol.

No, the fishing isn't that good....or as good as it's hyped up to be. I suppose if you never left MN you would think it was spectacular but it's really nothing special. Believe me, the grass IS greener on the other side of the fences....I've been there.

At least he's moving far north where the fishing is somewhat better and less crowded. Not to mention the water is actually CLEAN!

and at least in mn there is not 1,000,000 people per square mile!!!!

dodge said:
moving from sarasota to bfe Minnesota??? What are you smoking??
The fishing can't be that good!!!

Yea, well as a former Manitoban living in LALA land (Florida as opposed to LaLa land California) Minnesota is not too bad. You should see what Florida taxes!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)