VBOX-X versus VBOX 7

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All these things do is move a dish and save the positions. I tell mine where to go, and it goes-every time, hitting all the birds out there in the arc that I can see, without requiring a dish mover that's "more accurate". How much more accurate does a mover really need to be?

That is true! What unit do you have???

There have been issues brought up not too long ago about different positioners.

A couple of things mentioned were motor load handling, number of positions

and just the overall quality of the units.

If there is no difference then why do newer models come out and replace

the previous one so quickly???

Another thing is why do they make these units so ugly???!!!...

I am using the VBox X for 6 months and happy with the unit. No resets or loss of data. The flying saucer shape is a bit bizarre, but it quietly sits hidden on a top shelf and does its job of reliably moving the dish.

It's the latest released model and it works well.

I use the V-box X as well for about a year now. Other than some pretty mickey mouse spring clips to hold the wires in, its great. I don't plan on constantly removing, and re-connecting the wires to it, so not an issue. Yes, a bit odd looking but we're the guys (and girls) re-erecting these big old dishes in our yards and answering to our neighbors "what the heck we're doing with that big old dish" so, somehow i don't think most of us are too hell bent on the way our dish mover looks hehe. Don't get me wrong, I keep my grass cut but there no hidin that 10'er in the back yard!

The neater I keep my stuff the more my wife will put up with all of it.

The other side of the coin is that it has to look "the same".

She likes all the "boxes" the same size and it is impossible to find size matched

components nowadays and stuff that looks like the Vbox X is unacceptable to her!!!

Gbox VBox how can you not be confused? Look at the box the PowerTech GBox v3000 comes in. It advertises itself as a 99 memories V-Box. I own both and my thoughts on these units..... Ugly, both of them. The VBox was a third the price of the GBox. The GBox boasts about doubling the counts and providing more accuracy that way. In theory yes but what you may find is the actuator that you are running is not capable of parking in half the space it used to. It cannot double it's precision with virtual counts. So it runs the dish the same as a VBox. Both units seem to be reliable. I can't complain about them. One offers more features, but are you going to use them? It's more of a "personal choices" thing than "this is the one to buy" thing.

To my knowledge, there never has been a box that'll drive your motor AND your servo.
That was proposed by Sadoun several years ago, and never got off the ground.
Probably not enough demand.

There were a few boxes over the decades that would manually move the servo.
I've seen three (?) different models in Linuxman's collection of great equipment.
He's cleaning out his warehouse, so if anyone needs one, best talk to him soon.

On another matter...
Since the Gbox v3000 was mentioned in this thread, anyone interested should also read this thread:
Where to buy a Gbox dish mover?
... to get a clear understanding of its features and differences.

To my knowledge, there never has been a box that'll drive your motor AND your servo.
That was proposed by Sadoun several years ago, and never got off the ground.
Probably not enough demand.

There were a few boxes over the decades that would manually move the servo.
I've seen three (?) different models in Linuxman's collection of great equipment.
He's cleaning out his warehouse, so if anyone needs one, best talk to him soon.

On another matter...
Since the Gbox v3000 was mentioned in this thread, anyone interested should also read this thread:
Where to buy a Gbox dish mover?
... to get a clear understanding of its features and differences.
I asked for help with V-box X versus V-box 7, and it seems no one has experience with both to provide a one to one comparison. It seems that the Vbox 7 is between $10 to $15 dollar cheeper on the average, and so I'll buy the 7. Any last comments on Vbox 7?

My input would be to purchase the VBox X and support a SatellteGuys forum Gold Sponsor. Why buy older technology elsewhere?

Why buy older technology anywhere?

A lot of times most any new product has bugs in it especially in the first run!

So if the glitches are gone go with the new version.

As you have read in this thread, many of us have tested and confirmed excellent results with the Vbox X on our systems..... Buy the Vbox X with confidence and know that many of us on the forum have tested and use the model daily.... :cool:

My input would be to purchase the VBox X and support a SatellteGuys forum Gold Sponsor. Why buy older technology elsewhere?
I would love to support a SatelliteGuys forum Gold Sponsor, but I'm Canadian and even at the $25 price I will end up paying more when including shipping ($28) and Custom duties and Taxes.

Why buy older technology anywhere?

A lot of times most any new product has bugs in it especially in the first run!

So if the glitches are gone go with the new version.

Vbox 7 is not old technology. It is equivalent to Vbox X, but I understand that it is made by a different manufacturer (Vbox 7 and Vbox x are not the same boxes made by the same manufacturer).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)