VCR Recording Question.....

PalaHeel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
As a disclaimer, I have quickly checked the DVR manual and did not see an answer to my question.

I have a 722 DVR. I have a recorded and saved program on my DVR that I would like to transfer onto my VCR so I will have a taped version.

First, is this possible? If so, what are the steps needed to accomplish this?

Thanks for you help. :up

This is no different than dubbing from one VCR to another.

Connect the VCR into the appropriate outputs (audio and video) on the DVR and press play on the DVR and record on the VCR. The inputs that your VCR has will determine what kind of cabling you'll use.

Understand that dubbing a widescreen program is probably going to be a washout unless you're using an S-VHS, DVC or Hi-8 VCR.

For reference, the typical way to archive content from the DVR is to use an external USB 2.0 hard disk based storage device (also largely undocumented).

This is no different than dubbing from one VCR to another.

Connect the VCR into the appropriate outputs (audio and video) on the DVR and press play on the DVR and record on the VCR. The inputs that your VCR has will determine what kind of cabling you'll use.

Understand that dubbing a widescreen program is probably going to be a washout unless you're using an S-VHS, DVC or Hi-8 VCR.

For reference, the typical way to archive content from the DVR is to use an external USB 2.0 hard disk based storage device (also largely undocumented).

I tried this and can't get it to work at all. Do you have any other hints?

Is possession of a VCR still legal in your state? ;)

Which connections did you use? TV2 (in which case you need to be in dual mode)? RCA or coax?

An advantage to doing this is that the video and audio are saved with no loss of resolution - even for HD.

nobody in this thread current or a year and a half ago mentioned to make sure you select the correct input on your vcr.

please note this thread is a year and a half old. Some newbie felt the need to resurrect it :rolleyes:

Whoops. Didn't notice that, should have. Wasted posts. :(

Well, maybe not, if we help the new guy. Clearly, he tried searching for his information/answer, and I guess we could argue whether he should have started a new thread. Six one way, half dozen the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)