VE R15 scheduled to ship on 11/8/05

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mama I'm coming home.....well atleast to coming back to DirecTV. When we moved we decided to give cable a try. Big mistake. Bad service, bad quality, and big mistake.

I ordered two R15s today from VE and I can't wait to get back to DirecTV!

My account looks like this after I actiavted my receiver:

TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER ($93.99/month)
HD Package ($10.99/month)
DIRECTV DVR Service_R15 ($0.00/Multiple DVR Household)
DIRECTV Protection Plan ($7.99/month)
DIRECTV DVR Service_Tivo ($0.00/at no charge with Premier)
Annual Commitment 2 Years

I am assuming that if you have 1 or more Tivos, or get 2 or more R15 receivers, that the R15 service will be at no cost. If someone can verify this, that would be great for all of us.

I had to deal with the usual CSR stupidity...but, finally got it sorted out. Now I have Tivo and R15 both running for free.

Crystal Pepsi Ball said:
My account looks like this after I actiavted my receiver:

TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER ($93.99/month)
DIRECTV DVR Service_R15 ($0.00/Multiple DVR Household)
DIRECTV DVR Service_Tivo ($0.00/at no charge with Premier)

I am assuming that if you have 1 or more Tivos, or get 2 or more R15 receivers, that the R15 service will be at no cost. If someone can verify this, that would be great for all of us.

DVR Service is always free as long as you have Total Choice Premier.

Janney66 said:
I understand DirecTV charges 5.99 for DVR service now. I currently have a TIVO and I'm paying 4.99 a month. If I upgrade to this new receiver will I have to pay that extra dollar a month?
I am in the same boat. I had thought from reading within this forum (I think from a VE post) that if you had DirecTV TiVo @ $4.99 that you would be grandfather in and continue to pay that much with the R15 replacement.

Well I got my first bill today and it has $5.99. I questioned that to DirecTV and they replied with this:

Thanks for writing. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. Please be informed the monthly DVR service cost for DIRECTV Plus is $5.99 per month. Though you were previously charged for the DVR Service for only $4.99 per month, when you had activated your DIRECTV R15 receiver on 11/11/05, the charge for the DVR service was changed to $5.99 per month. Please be advised that it's the same as our current DIRECTV DVR service. This is one of the lowest DVR service fees in the industry.
I got this too added to my bill:
11/11/05 11/10/07 Annual Commitment 2 Years 0.00
I guess nothing is official until you get the statement!

I am also worried about the rebate for the R15. I did not get the rebate when I got the R10 (it was before) so I am eligble for it with the R15. You are suppose to include a copy of the latest statement that shows the R15 activated. The statement does not make mention of the R15 at all (nor the R10 for that matter). We will see.... To be continued...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts