Vegas HD locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joecel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
Does anyone have information regarding E's timetable for HD locals in Las Vegas?

Does anyone have information regarding E's timetable for HD locals in Las Vegas?

I concur with bruin95, probably no earlier than 2009.

Dish still has 18 markets announced in January 2006 that have yet to be launched. Based on their satellite capacity and upcoming launches, the most likely future spot for Las Vegas HD locals would the Ciel 2 satellite currently scheduled to be launched to the 129 orbital location in late 2008.

As you're probably aware, Cox Cable and DirecTV carry Las Vegas HD locals now. Additionally, your Dish HD receiver has an OTA input. You MAY be able to receive HD locals from many areas within the Las Vegas valley with a VHF/UHF antenna. (I have to emphasize may because in practice KVBC-DT NBC HD is notoriously difficult to reliably receive.)

Thank you for the input. I do have OTA via 622 and 722, but I rarely can get NBC HD here in Anthem. I wish E would have some sort of timetable, at least an "official"projection. Cox and D are not a viable option for me at this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)