This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Velocity channel MIA

Isn’t it OTA? I think I watched Motor Week on it.

Dude this is not the FTA forum. I heard Velocity has been renamed to Motor Trend or something like that I believe.

The channel still called Velocity. They did recently join with Motor Trend for online on-demand content, though.

There is a channel called Rev’N on OTA which is pretty similar

Hadn't heard of that one...no affiliate in Charlotte yet. Looking at their schedule, it looks like most of their programming is the thinly-veiled car product infomercial type shows.

Hadn't heard of that one...no affiliate in Charlotte yet. Looking at their schedule, it looks like most of their programming is the thinly-veiled car product infomercial type shows.

We have it here on the WROB/KMJC/KCKS cluster of stations. I had never heard of it before I saw it here, either.

Reactions: glynnp
OK, let me explain. I receive tv from Hotwire Communications. We have a community antenna that receives Dish Network and is cabled to our homes. You won’t believe this but my receiver is a 722k. I have only had this setup for two weeks but when it started I had Velocity on 246. Now it is not even in the guide. I called Hotwire and they had me do a QAM Setup scan to see if 246 would come back. It completed and it is not back.

Last edited:
It would appear it isn't in the package Hotwire is giving you through DISH. It was likely free for everyone and why you could watch it for awhile now it's back to normal.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I was thinking that myself so I checked and it is in all but the Basic package. Plus, I have found I am missing a lot more than 246. About 50 channels that I should have are not in my guide.

I was thinking that myself so I checked and it is in all but the Basic package. Plus, I have found I am missing a lot more than 246. About 50 channels that I should have are not in my guide.

Be sure you are using the guide that shows every channel you get.