Verizon 5G WB speeds in Chicago

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Shared this with the Pub members last night, but thought I'd share it here as well.

Was sitting at MDW waiting on my flight home to Kansas City yesterday afternoon. Check out the speeds there.

1536935E-C69F-48C1-9A4A-AE9F802D68EF.jpeg

While impressive how do those speeds benefit a cell phone? ( I regularly get over 120 mps on lte and it seems like more than enough)

mmWave is the cellular worlds equivalent of a halo car, it's great to show off but the practicality of it is on the lower end of the scale. Don't get me wrong , I think it's really cool to get 2 Gbps on mobile, but mmWave is a frail technology. They must have put a 5G node inside of the airport, given your speeds, it was very close by and it should have been easy to spot.

Not sure if it's still a problem, initially phones were thermal throttling when maxing out the 5G connection for longer than a few minutes and would drop down to LTE.

I prefer T-Mobile's layer cake approach with n71 and n41 for coverage and n260 and n261 for speed. Having a solid 200 Mbps whether it be on band 66 LTE or n71 NR is more meaningful to me than having 2 Gbps but having to be in a dense urban environment within eyesight of a node or macrocell.

Here's 3.5 Gbps in Vegas

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts