Verizon Fios

cwbuckley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
EL Paso
Not sure if this subject is in the right category, What I want to know is if there is any chance that El Paso might get Fios in the future. We currently get U-verse from AT & T, not sure if an area having uverse can get fios in the future. I current have D*. Thanks for your help.

It's pretty much oneor the other. Not likely to find both available, unless ATT sells off the area.

Nope. Fios and Uverse are a joint collaboration by at&t and Verizon; in at&t areas it is marketed as Uverse and in Verizon areas it's marketed as FIOS...Learned this information while training on the Uverse product and by speaking to tier 2 and prem techs.

absolutely incoorect; Verizon FIOS is Fiber ALL THE WAY INTO YOUR HOUSE!!

Uverse is NOT ALWAYS like that; they use your copper phone lines in most cases...

There is NO joint effort between these 2 companies in regards to home entertainment delivery...

They are 2 different corporations, so whoever told you anything different was either stupid or bustin' your balls!!

absolutely incoorect; Verizon FIOS is Fiber ALL THE WAY INTO YOUR HOUSE!!

Uverse is NOT ALWAYS like that; they use your copper phone lines in most cases...

There is NO joint effort between these 2 companies in regards to home entertainment delivery...

They are 2 different corporations, so whoever told you anything different was either stupid or bustin' your balls!!

I was referring to the overall concept; ask a knowledgeable tier 2 or prem tech with tenure and they may be able to verify this. I am simply relaying information taught to me a few months ago in a marketing class for Uverse.

We were told at that time Verizon had around 14 states mainly in the northeastern seaboard and a few midwestern / west corridors, while at&t uverse had 22 states across the southern, midwestern, western, and a few northern states. whether they were lying or not I don't know.

sorry, didnt mean to insult you man, but what they told you just isn't true..

No offence taken here! ;) this info came mostly from the same group of people perputrating to be "AT&T" employees going door to door in metro Atlanta neighborhoods and local job fairs, when in truth they are only a contract company hired by AT&T to handle " grunt" legwork.

The only thing that puzzles me is that when I asked to an installer and prem tech onsite at the property this evening about this issue, they both claimed it was a joint collab in the initial onset of the project.

The grain of salt is that they're practically taking winos off the streets and crankin' out prem techs by the dozens in the ATL! Guess I'll need to have a strong pot of Cuban coffee on hand for my install in two weeks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)