Verizon now offers Directv service. (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!
Status
Please reply by conversation.

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
Don't know if anyone noticed in todays paper but here in the Manchester (NH) Union Leader Verizon has a full page ad offering Directv service when bundled with their Verizon Freedom package.

I called and inquired that the only upfront charge was a $15 shipping and handling charge. However I found out that I could'nt get the offer because I was in Pegasus territory.

Anyone else cked this out?

Bob

wa1hog

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 26, 2004
Same here in Rindge NH. Verizon will only deal with people who live in areas not associated with Pegasus. Im still waiting for DSl from Verizon.
PS I like your Pic in QRZ!!!

Geronimo

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Verizon did this severl years ago as well

n1wbd

Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
wa1hog said:
Same here in Rindge NH. Verizon will only deal with people who live in areas not associated with Pegasus. Im still waiting for DSl from Verizon.
PS I like your Pic in QRZ!!!

Thanks from what I hear most do. :D

What bands are you active on?
For now I'm on 2m but hopefully soon I'll be back on 75m on 3936.

Yeah I have an inside source that claims we won't see DSL here until 2008 if ever.

Bob N1WBD

wa1hog

Jan 26, 2004
Got a 2/220 and 440 triband in the car. Live in Rindge and wrk in Woburn. Have N1IMO's 147.195 machine here in Rindge. Also have a 224.6 in Rindge and 224.98 machine running in Woburn.

Verizon had DSl in the next town of Jaffrey. So there is hope here. Until then I have to deal with Pine Tree cable smucks.

d

n1wbd

Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
silversurfer01973 said:
Guys I'm a operator myslef but please stay on topic....Thank you

Sorry bout that.....

Anyway when Verizon said they could'nt provide me with Directv service. I called the local Pegasus dealer AVC in Laconia... To sign up with their Digital 1 plan it was going to cost me $150 before $50 rebate and if I wanted their phase 3 dish it was an extra $150 bucks!!! and I still don't own the equipment.

I'm a E* sub and all the wiring is done. Such a ripoff for changing out a dish and adding a multiswitch. :shocked

Oh well I guess I'll stay with Dish Network. :confused:

wa1hog

Jan 26, 2004
Seen triSat dishes on the market for $40. Also saw a DTV receiver at circuit city for $299. Its HDTV ready.
Call Pegasus and get their 2 or 3 room free installation.

Once its in service just replace the dish and activate the new Rx.

Thats what I did and no complaints.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)