Verizon throttles (3G) data hogs

DodgerKing said:
My question is, about how much do you have to use to be in the top 5%? 5g or more? 10g or more? 20g or more?

Looking at the comments, it looks like Verizon's FAQ page states that top 5% for August was over 2 GB. That seems awfully low, especially for any user using a 3G dongle to connect a laptop.

Looking at the comments, it looks like Verizon's FAQ page states that top 5% for August was over 2 GB. That seems awfully low, especially for any user using a 3G dongle to connect a laptop.

but that user will most likley be on a tiered plan, so it will not affect them

mdram said:
but that user will most likley be on a tiered plan, so it will not affect them

Sorry, but since this is targeted at grandfathered unlimited users, that one doesn't fly. I'd imagine all such users will be impacted (myself included).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Sorry, but since this is targeted at grandfathered unlimited users, that one doesn't fly. I'd imagine all such users will be impacted (myself included).

i didnt know they had any 3g dongle out there with unlimited.

mdram said:
i didnt know they had any 3g dongle out there with unlimited.

I've had my plan for five years now. $60/month for unlimited service. Its essential when working in a remote location with no access to a decent wifi connection.

Looking at the comments, it looks like Verizon's FAQ page states that top 5% for August was over 2 GB. That seems awfully low...
I was going to expect a notice from VZW but I'm on 4G (majority of the time, contrary to screenshot). Seems to me that the VZW My Mobile widget didn't update or reset a few days ago though (billing cycle ends around the 15th).

screenshot-1316456813345.png

2GB, that is it? I seldom go over 1GB, but the last two months I went over 4GB just streaming baseball games on my phone.

Yes, I am with ATT, but the amount of data used by the top 5% should be about the same with all carriers

I'm still on unlimited, both data for $30 and tethering for free. But, I'm using it mostly on LTE. Hard to find a major city anymore not on Verizon LTE Very old contract I guess. I dropped my unlimited Verizon card in my Dell laptop. Just use the phone and tether. Some months I use 2Gb while others as high as 4-6 Gb if I am traveling.

Since traveling now with an ipad, I am braving these hotel wifi connects for Netflix and slingbox if they can handle the bandwidth.

There is no distinction between 3G and 4G ... there's no "3G data plan" nor "4G data plan".
For new customers ..but there are alot of 3G customers who were grandfathered to the old 3G unlimited data plan..infact there are some customers "grandfathered" to the old analog calling plans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)