This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Verizon

juan:

Are you saying trickle down doesn't really work?

In theory less radios == a lower BOM == a lower cost handset. But how much does not including a CDMA radio really save? I'm not up on the cost of radios to offer an informed answer.

Will that trickle down to us as consumers? Good question. It's implied that it will, but implied is not a guarantee.

I hate preloaded crap on anything whether it be a computer or a mobile device.

I hate preloaded crap on anything whether it be a computer or a mobile device.

Yeah I agree. Most time I would rather them leave the device alone just to ship with the standard software.

How will LTE phone calls affect your data usage I wonder? Will it cost you data?

How will LTE phone calls affect your data usage I wonder? Will it cost you data?

It should not make any difference, just like now calling over 3G does not effect your 3G data. Essentially all your calls are just data, the phone company just charges you minutes for the data it knows are voice.

It should not make any difference, just like now calling over 3G does not effect your 3G data. Essentially all your calls are just data, the phone company just charges you minutes for the data it knows are voice.

As far as I know, no company's voice calls go over the data connection yet.

As far as I know, no company's voice calls go over the data connection yet.

The phone digitizes, and puts your voice into packets which are sent over the same frequencies. It is not TCP/IP VOIP, but dedicated data packets. It is still just data, analog cellular is completely gone in the US.

The phone digitizes, and puts your voice into packets which are sent over the same frequencies. It is not TCP/IP VOIP, but dedicated data packets. It is still just data, analog cellular is completely gone in the US.
it will be VoIP on pure LTE