Version 1.5 Specific Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dserianni

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Later today the final release of 1.5 will be rolled out.

In anticipation of this, the 1.4 thread has been archived and this new 1.5 thread has been started.

Thanks

Derek

dserianni said:
Later today the final release of 1.5 will be rolled out.
In anticipation of this, the 1.4 thread has been archived and this new 1.5 thread has been started.
Thanks
Derek

Although the Beta Site says its closed and then points you to the download page, There nothing there about 1.5 - Is it delayed?

It is now on-line.

Be sure to check out the "What's new link" I think many people will be pleased that we address many of the requests for Internet connectivity and the "slow response" issues.

We are however still working on the the HyperThreading issue.

Derek

dserianni said:
It is now on-line.
Be sure to check out the "What's new link" I think many people will be pleased that we address many of the requests for Internet connectivity and the "slow response" issues.
We are however still working on the the HyperThreading issue.
Derek

Great news - I will be able to test at the end of the week.

Also - I would label this is a 'multi cpu issue' as it seemed from the other thread that its not exactly limited to HyperThreading as its more of what happens on a multi cpu platform.

Great stuff!

What's New in TimeTrax Recast 1.5

The following fixes/bugs have been fixed and the following features added:

- Fix for invalid characters in song/directory name
- Changed XM channel request to account for new XM channel responses
- Added 224, 256 and 320 kbps bitrate selections to scheduler
- Greyed out XM Online configuration parameters when in Sirius mode
- If exiting while recording, a confirmation dialog is shown
- Fixed Sirius channel change tuner response problems
- Gentler recovery from no Internet connection

Derek

dserianni said:
What's New in TimeTrax Recast 1.5
The following fixes/bugs have been fixed and the following features added:
- Fix for invalid characters in song/directory name
- Changed XM channel request to account for new XM channel responses
- Added 224, 256 and 320 kbps bitrate selections to scheduler
- Greyed out XM Online configuration parameters when in Sirius mode
- If exiting while recording, a confirmation dialog is shown
- Fixed Sirius channel change tuner response problems
- Gentler recovery from no Internet connection
Derek

Would you mind explaining or getting into a little more detail about the last item?
"- Gentler recovery from no Internet connection"

I just would like to know about the threshold - it seems my internet connection went from bad, to an upgrade of great back to bad in the matter of 3 weeks.

Is this different form the 1.5 beta? If you are using the beta should you download this over the beta?

mahogany said:
Is this different form the 1.5 beta? If you are using the beta should you download this over the beta?

This sounds like they made changes to the beta and then released this as their FINAL product.

So - I would suggest installing this OVER the beta (OR uninstall, clean and install this 1.5)

It is a different release compared to the beta.

I highly suggest that all beta users (and 1.4) users download and install this latest release.

Just go ahead and install it over your existing install.

Derek

Can someone clarify - Gentler recovery from no Internet connection. What's been done on that?

Installed the full 1.5 over the beta. First problem indicated after reboot, received message box "cannot find internet connection". Well, I could find it with IE just fine, so maybe it needed to be restarted. Closed the program and re-started the program. This time it loaded fine.

Put the program into record...not using the timer. The program ran for a little over 1 hour, then stopped responding...meters not moving, radio working OK. Attempts to close the program resulted in message box that program had stopped responding. Only way to clear the machine was a forced hard power off. Restarted machine, and after boot up completed, started Recast1.5 in debug mode. Program did not run long enough to begin a recording before it froze up.

I attempted to open a support ticket, but I got an overflow error after I pasted the debug information...so how am I to send the debug information? I don't think it says much about the way it crashes...the last few lines are:

23515.44 #RequestChannelInfo 0
23515.64 > 5A A5 00 06 10 02 33 00 00 01 01 19
23515.93 < 5A A5 00 06 90 01 00 33 33 00 01 FC
23515.93 !ChannelSetOK 51
23518.27 #RequestChannelInfo Enum 15
23518.27 > 5A A5 00 04 25 09 0E 00 ED ED

then that is all...folks.

running W2kSp3, mostly empty hard drive.

I had better luck with the beta version.

I had similar symptoms. A timed-record just STOPED (flashing 'Recording', 'time remaining' and VU meters froze, although the radio kept playing through the PC speakers) 32 minutes in.

Rebooted, started up again. I arbitrarily got the 'lost internet connection' cited above, and immediately started a 'ping -t' and found that my connection was up.

I have since reverted back to 1.4. 1.4 which has been stable more often than not..

I had the same problem earlier as well. recording Stern, into the fourth hour the program came up that my internet was down, yet it was fine. Guess I'll have to revert back to 1.4. I was starting to be psyched about having a reliable channel changer, but now it's something else. It won't record for a prolonged period. I reverted back to 1.4 and was able to record forever and stil recording. With 1.5 after a few hours I'm getting an internet connection error. Hope you guys see it and come up with some sort of fix for it.

Last edited:
change the channels

i have the timetrax sirius complete. i like everything about it except the buggy software, including version 1.5. whenever i want to change channels it's a real pain because it can take a few seconds or might not work at all. i also wish i could type in channel numbers instead of using that list. the list of things that could be improved about the software is endless... i just wish i could change channels quickly and easily.

No Net Button

Has anyone used the No net option in 1.5 under my radio ID ? What does entering the No Net Authentication Code do for you, I can only hope it takes the need away for a Internet connection all of the time. I didn't want to be the first Guinna pig to try it since Timetrax is running fine right now. Thanks

Without a doubt, the release version of 1.5 behaves completely differently on the same machine...no other changes. After a roll back to the 1.5beta, I was at least able to make recordings...the release version of 1.5 basically will not run for me at all.

wirenut982001 said:
Has anyone used the No net option in 1.5 under my radio ID ? What does entering the No Net Authentication Code do for you, I can only hope it takes the need away for a Internet connection all of the time. I didn't want to be the first Guinna pig to try it since Timetrax is running fine right now. Thanks

It does not do anything at this time.

Derek

Dr.Woo said:
Without a doubt, the release version of 1.5 behaves completely differently on the same machine...no other changes. After a roll back to the 1.5beta, I was at least able to make recordings...the release version of 1.5 basically will not run for me at all.

Hi,

Do you have a support ticket open for this? If not, can you?

I would like to work with you to find out what is causing this.... there shouldn't have been that many changes in 1.5 from the beta to the final to make it crash for you.

Derek

dserianni said:
Hi,
Do you have a support ticket open for this? If not, can you?
I would like to work with you to find out what is causing this.... there shouldn't have been that many changes in 1.5 from the beta to the final to make it crash for you.
Derek

So does that means the dual CPU issues has not been addressed either?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)