Vertical dots on TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tonyosis

Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
California
About a year ago, I barely began noticing vertical lines of dots flickering on the TV screen, with the lines about 2" apart (running from top to bottom). Over the last 12 months, this has gradually become more and more noticeable, to where now most people ask what is going on.

I considered whether it was an appliance such as the refrigerator, tried uplugging it, but no change. When my son plays Wii, there are no dots or distortion.

I tried rebooting, unplugging the Dish receiver, but nothing.

Any ideas and troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated; I have no idea if the problem could be in the Dish receiver, the cable, or the satellite dish. Thank you in advance!:(

Last edited:
About a year ago, I barely began noticing vertical lines of dots flickering on the TV screen, with the lines about 2" apart (running from top to bottom). Over the last 12 months, this has gradually become more and more noticeable, to where now most people ask what is going on.

I considered whether it was an appliance such as the refrigerator, tried uplugging it, but no change. When my son plays Wii, there are no dots or distortion.

I tried rebooting, unplugging the Dish receiver, but nothing.

Any ideas and troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated; I have no idea if the problem could be in the Dish receiver, the cable, or the satellite dish. Thank you in advance!:(

Have you made sure the cable from the receiver to the TV is firmly seated at both ends into the connectors? Have you tried replacing the cable? Are there any other electrical devices nearby that are also on? I would contact E* Tech Support if you cannot isolate the cause as outside interference or cabling.

Have you bypassed your receiver and watched any OTA directly into your TV?

bad jumper-esp. the push on f-connector type.if the cable replacement doesn't work,try using the composite connections.(red/white/yellow) off the back of the rcvr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)