VERY difficult problem with remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
I am fairly sure that dish remotes are made by RCA. For some reason when you push the sat/vcr/aux buttons on top a signal is sent out that only RCA tvs pick up and it changes the input:confused:. I have seen it happen in the past with the sat button but usually I leave it in sat mode all the time so it isn't a prob. I just got a new Yamaha Surround receiver and after I programed my remote for it, every time I push the aux button it changes the input on my tv :mad: Very frustrating! and then when I push sat again it changes it again. I can cover the end of the remote every time I push the buttons but that is a pain. Is there a way to code the remote so it doesn't send any signal out when you push these buttons, I am not sure why anything is transmitted when you push these in the first place.

Thanks,
Brad

Dunno why its doing that but I can tell you that I have 2 RCA's and a GE (same mfg. and same Dish code to control) and I've never experienced that problem. The Dish remotes are also programmed on AUX to control audio receivers (Sony & Phillips). Maybe you could find another code to control your TV or AV receiver. I found several codes that would control my RCA TV before using one that provided all the functions I wanted (763). Good luck!

ED

it's a common problem with rear projector RCA TV's especially once dish us to sell. try changing remote address on receiver some times that works

it's a common problem with rear projector RCA TV's especially once dish us to sell. try changing remote address on receiver some times that works
Oh yea, Those RCA HDTV 42" DLP TV's they use to push?, Yea those remotes were very frusterating. Everytime you push the TV mode button or VCR mode it would change the input mode or shut off the tv or both. The way I was to keep this from happening was to take the TV1 remote and switch it from IR to UHF mode, set the code to desired tv manufactures code then it should be okay.

Sounds like a design flaw with the remote. Device selection buttons should not be transmitting a signal of any kind. The buttons are nothing more then a toggle switch between different codesets. For example, a codeset for your tv, a codeset for your dvd player, a codeset for your stereo, etc.

Sounds like a design flaw with the remote. Device selection buttons should not be transmitting a signal of any kind. The buttons are nothing more then a toggle switch between different codesets. For example, a codeset for your tv, a codeset for your dvd player, a codeset for your stereo, etc.
If you don't know the answer or don't understand the question, please don't reply.

Brad,

I had the same problem with my 38" Widescreen and my original 811. If I remember, the solution was to find a remote code for the TV that still controlled the TV functions but didn't automatically change the TV to the built in DirectV receiver. I think code 503 was the code that worked for me.

Miner

Device select buttons do send out a signal. Go find the threads about the message that pops up reminding you that you have changed the remote from sat.

I am fairly sure that dish remotes are made by RCA. For some reason when you push the sat/vcr/aux buttons on top a signal is sent out that only RCA tvs pick up and it changes the input:confused:. I have seen it happen in the past with the sat button but usually I leave it in sat mode all the time so it isn't a prob. I just got a new Yamaha Surround receiver and after I programed my remote for it, every time I push the aux button it changes the input on my tv :mad: Very frustrating! and then when I push sat again it changes it again. I can cover the end of the remote every time I push the buttons but that is a pain. Is there a way to code the remote so it doesn't send any signal out when you push these buttons, I am not sure why anything is transmitted when you push these in the first place.

Thanks,
Brad

you can do aux volume override where the remote will automatically control the volume of the surround sound when you hit volume up and down so you do not have to switch modes could be helpful if you mainly use surround also

If you go into your RCA TV set's menu, you can configure some of the settings so that this isn't really a problem.

RCA created this feature in their TVs so that if you switched to a VCR, your TV would switch to the correct (determined by you in the TV menu) input so you wouldn't have to do additional steps. It's actually a convenient feature when you have it set up in anticipation of its usage.

Inside your TV menu, you should see a setting like VCR CH: 4, AUX CH: 91, etc. Just make sure all of those are set to whatever input they need to be on. In this case, the same input you use for satellite should be set for Aux. I can't comment on your specific TV but you should be able to get it done from this general information.

Yeah, I know what you are talking about. My old RCA does this. In the menu of your TV, there is a setting called AUTO TUNE or something like that. You then select which input you want to configure, and set the channel (3,4,VID1,VID2,etc.)

Maybe later i'll fool with my TV and see if I can tell you exactly how to do this.

-Scott

Yeah, I know what you are talking about. My old RCA does this. In the menu of your TV, there is a setting called AUTO TUNE or something like that. You then select which input you want to configure, and set the channel (3,4,VID1,VID2,etc.)

Maybe later i'll fool with my TV and see if I can tell you exactly how to do this.

-Scott

Here are the pics I was talking about.

Your TV may be different, but to on mine you go to MENU, then CHANNELS. Then select AUTO TUNE. Now you are in the menus where you can switch the input channels for the remote!

Attachments

• TV1.JPG
    TV1.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 171
  • TV2.JPG
    TV2.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 171
  • TV3.JPG
    TV3.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 162
  • TV4.JPG
    TV4.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 157

I agree with you on this point, It shouldn't send out any signal, or at least not one used by any tv.

I was hoping I could turn it off somehow, what I did is change my TV so that both the sat and aux button (on both my tv and sat remote) change my TV to Component 2, the drawback there is I was using AUX on my tv remote to bring up the input for my PS2, also if I try to use my dish remote to adjust the stereo volume when I am watching anything other than Sat it will change to the sat input.

If I switched the sat rem to default to the AUX for vol as was mentioned earlier it would drive my wife nuts when she was trying to watch TV w/o the stereo :D

Thanks for all the ideas,
Brad

1. NEVER watch TV w/o the stereo turned on, are you crazy? :D
2. use hand to cover remote emitters when switching modes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)