Very disappinted in Dish today

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
Like many of you guys I have been anxiously waiting for today to get my hands on a Hopper system. I went on the Dish chat early this morning and was shot down, CSRs telling me that the hopper didn't come out until next week, that I wasn't eligible, ect... I figure it was just because I called so early ( like Scott warned). After spending all day(well from 630-3pm) attempting to get an install I find out, thanks to the DIRT team, that they cannot upgrade me until I return one of my receivers. after being reassured by DIRT that there would be no other way for me to upgrade to the hopper until DIsh receives my deactivated receiver, I said okay. Now I will have to wait for the return box to come, my receiver to be returned to dish, and an install date to be set before I can even use all my TVs again,

This really confuses me. I have been a dish customer for 10 years and spend around $150 a month on my service. I had four receivers and have always paid my bill on time. what do I get for this.... Nothing, only the fact that now my family will have to be down one tv for a week or two until this all goes through.

I'm sorry that I'm venting on you all but this really tickles me the wrong way.

jgags6 said:
Like many of you guys I have been anxiously waiting for today to get my hands on a Hopper system. I went on the Dish chat early this morning and was shot down, CSRs telling me that the hopper didn't come out until next week, that I wasn't eligible, ect... I figure it was just because I called so early ( like Scott warned). After spending all day(well from 630-3pm) attempting to get an install I find out, thanks to the DIRT team, that they cannot upgrade me until I return one of my receivers. after being reassured by DIRT that there would be no other way for me to upgrade to the hopper until DIsh receives my deactivated receiver, I said okay. Now I will have to wait for the return box to come, my receiver to be returned to dish, and an install date to be set before I can even use all my TVs again,

This really confuses me. I have been a dish customer for 10 years and spend around $150 a month on my service. I had four receivers and have always paid my bill on time. what do I get for this.... Nothing, only the fact that now my family will have to be down one tv for a week or two until this all goes through.

I'm sorry that I'm venting on you all but this really tickles me the wrong way.

There's usually some reason for a customer to not be eligible.

As a 2nd year installer, I am confused that you have to return a receiver before being upgraded. This does not make sense to me. This is the 1st time I have heard of this.

As a 10 year user, it is always better to show patience and wait for the bugs to be worked out It is easier on yourself and your family.
Go Cubs;)

I think Dish wants to ensure that there will be no mixing of Vip or legacy receivers.At least thats the only logical answer I can come up with.Hopefully they get the kinks worked out and you won't have to go without tv on one of your sets.

I think Dish wants to ensure that there will be no mixing of Vip or legacy receivers.At least thats the only logical answer I can come up with.Hopefully they get the kinks worked out and you won't have to go without tv on one of your sets.
I believe they already sorted that out with the activation system. I think Scott said the Hopper/Joey won't activate unless all the other equipment is removed from the account.

I was told in training today, you would be allowed tp VIP and Hoppers. It's on one of their training slides. It just requires a 44 switch and connectivity to the VIP must be done before the node.

pitstop66 said:
I was told in training today, you would be allowed tp VIP and Hoppers. It's on one of their training slides. It just requires a 44 switch and connectivity to the VIP must be done before the node.

It's not allowed. Technically it can be possible but dish will not allow a VIP receiver to be active on a hopper account.

Yea I gotta agree with Scherrman,all the info I have gathered is no mixing of Vip/legacy receivers and Hoppers.Not sure where the misinformation is coming from but Dish is adamant about no mixing as it is now.

Teehar said:
Yea I gotta agree with Scherrman,all the info I have gathered is no mixing of Vip/legacy receivers and Hoppers.Not sure where the misinformation is coming from but Dish is adamant about no mixing as it is now.

Dish is pretty set on it. They mention it every retailer chat.

I only know what I was told by FSM. "They want to integrate VIP receivers where needed". Either way, does not explain why you would be required to send back a rcvr before being upgraded. All the tech has to do is deactivate the VIP's like normal.
Go Cubs.

Another voice saying can't do the mixed install, system currently will not allow it. If that will change later I don't know. I am wondering if you might have had a disabled recvr that somehow made you a 4th leased recvr. And that made it where no Upgrade was available at all.

Scherrman said:
Was the receiver they wanted sent back active or deactivated?

They deactivated it so now it's sitting here and I'm waiting for the box to arrive so I can send it back.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that I had 2 622, 1 722, and a 922, and they weren't allowed to add anything to my acct without freeing up a receiver space, which is fine but I think it's weird how right after they deactivated the receiver we couldn't do the upgrade and at least set an install time up. So now I'm just waiting with a dead tv.

Scherrman said:
There's usually some reason for a customer to not be eligible.

I understand that I just cant believe that after all the money we have spent with dish somebody can't override the system.

The customer service for this is just really really bad.

Scherrman said:
Dish is pretty set on it. They mention it every retailer chat.

That seems pretty silly. What about for customers like me with a 211 & a Tailgater that is only used a few months a year?

Not that it matters much, this out-of-contact customer with Auto-Pay was told that the system would cost $415.

As a 2nd year installer, I am confused that you have to return a receiver before being upgraded. This does not make sense to me. This is the 1st time I have heard of this.

As a 10 year user, it is always better to show patience and wait for the bugs to be worked out It is easier on yourself and your family.
Go Cubs;)

Whats so confusing? Welcome to the wonderful world of Dish Network CS, Or should that be BS?

you better verify they can add everything you want with 1 deactivated reciever

are your just getting 1 hopper to replace everything?
or 2 hoppers and a couple of joeys?
if you have 4 tvs you may want 2 hoppers as 1 will only allow 3 tuners, or 3 tvs active at one time