VERY disappointed in my DIRECTV® Universal RF Remote Control

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have the RC64RB and it's incredible that the IR outperforms the RF. The RF needs to be activated in the recievers menu of course. It's not that the RF won't work, it's that in RF the remote needs to be more accurately pointed at the antenna than does the remote when in IR. Believe me, it's hard for me to believe too. I haven't complained to DirecTv yet cuz the IR does work real well and I'm more than happy with just that. I just thought I'd mention this RF quirk to see if anyone else is having this issue. As an afterthought, I do have a HTPC sitting on the top shelf,,, just above the HR20-100s receiver. Maybe that's causing some sort of interference? Just a thought,,,,

Robin
I agree, the RF blows on this reciever and remote. I tried it and switched back to IR.

Any update on a fix for this?

I got two new -100s with two new RC64R remotes

One RC64R you have to be real close the other RC64R works best if you point it at the Ant.
I tried the 3 o clock Ant idea. I tried 9 oclock and midnight also.

IR works great, but I want to watch TV in the Den (I have them both back feeding like you do with Dish through an RF modulator).

Enjoy it, because the HR20-700s, in which the RF capability works perfectly, have been discontinued. They are no longer being distributed. In the HR series, only the HR20-100s will be distributed. The HR20-700s are being pushed aside in favor of the HR21s.

Status
Please reply by conversation.