Very dissapointed in D*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
To me, the missed date is not the issue. The complete lack of communication on D*'s part has me very upset with this company. Even if they don't want two way communication on a forum, the least they could do is create an online blog of events. What have they got to hide? They actually own a very unique domain name that folks would refer to when they have questions about their service (I think it is www.directv.com). They could post messages in their "Latest News" or HD sections and put all of the internet rumors to rest.

D* 10 delay Boeing/DTV/Insurers

Could it be a love triangle is in process between Boeing/DirecTv/Insurers

If so D*10 may not be used until all claims are settled.

Just wait for D* 11 and hope Boeing don't screw up again.

mluntz, no need to slam the CSRs, especially using that language. They probably went with what they were told. I will bet that there is not one person on this site who has never made a mistake in their job.

I began to receive the new download for HD this morning. My back was bothering me and I was up much of the night. At around 3 a.m. CST, there was download. I had rebooted my HR20 and it produced a message saying "searching for satellite signal". I spoke to a tech rep a little while later and he said that they were having trouble with the downloads. They were working on the issue and hoped to be up by 10 a.m. est today. That obviously didn't happen. I am willing to bet that nobody on here would like to take over the current workshift that the engineers are on right now. Go-live workdays for engineers can last over 24 hours. I'm also willing to bet that very few if any on here would be able to resolve the issues themselves. D* told the CSRs about today and I doubt if they knew if there would be issues they would allow them to announce it. They know this is a PR black eye. This isn't intended to be a political statement, but just trying to put things in perspective. Not many people are complaining four years after the proclamation of "Mission Accomplished" yet soldiers are still dying. People haven't received their HD programming on the same day as a CSR told them (the day is barely half over) and they are up in arms. Let's get a grip and check in to reality.

The bottom line is this:

Everybody listened to some dumbass CSR's who don't know squat! When we upgraded equipment, D* got us for another 2 years anyway!

So now we can all bend over and take it! They'll turn on the HD when they are good and ready!

For those of you who stayed up all night just to be dissappointed this morning, I am sorry. Don't lose any more sleep!

It Is What It Is!

Go rent a movie!
Mluntz is correct. DTV planned to irratate its customers so they would call in and be angry with them and/or disconnect there service. There is no satellite it was all a hoax.

The bottom line for me is D* said and has been saying MID-SEPTEMBER. Tomorrow is the last day of MID-SEPTEMBER...The 20th. I will wait for tomorrow to be dissapointed or upset. But from everything I've been hearing today was supposed to be the day. The CSR's (Which I took with a grain of salt) And the documents released here on satteliteguys that stated the expected launch of the first wave of channels being the 19th.

My first post on this forum - and sadly it has to be negative. Wish D* would come clean and give us a firm date and explanation as to why they lead us to believe we would have our HD channels today. They know we all are D* fans and allowed us to build up expectations on these forums.

I may have missed something here, but I don't recall EVER seeing an official announcement from DTV that today or any specific date for that matter was the launch date for HD expansion. What I have seen in here is a bunch of people feeding off each others rumors and claims of insider information that more often than not is totally incorrect. It is amazing that those who constantly criticize the CSR's are so quick to believe something on this matter or read into an answer something that was not actually said and spread it as fact.

These and similar forums are full of people posting inaccurate information that is taken by many others as being accurate and gospel fact. In reality many of those posts are dropped in to get a reaction from the gulliable. I will only be disappointed if after seeing an official announcement and they don't produce. Considering this upcoming expansion is one of the biggest events to DTV's future it is likely to be preceded by a universal announcement and promo.

CSR's are the voice of the company, if the majority of saying that today is the day, it is normal for folks to consider it official information.

I have seen another "internal" document (which was not posted) which was updated and still held the 19th date.

I may have missed something here, but I don't recall EVER seeing an official announcement from DTV that today or any specific date for that matter was the launch date for HD expansion. What I have seen in here is a bunch of people feeding off each others rumors and claims of insider information that more often than not is totally incorrect. It is amazing that those who constantly criticize the CSR's are so quick to believe something on this matter or read into an answer something that was not actually said and spread it as fact.
What gets me is that I think management is making the CSRs take their bullets.

Between the leaked memo (if it's genuine) and the (mostly consistent) reports from hearing 9/19 as "the day" from CSRs, I think it's pretty safe to assume that 9/19 was intended to be the day.

The question is, were the CSRs authorized to be giving that date out? If so, management is hiding behind them in a rather cowardly act, allowing them to take all the heat for something they have no control over (and management can say "we never made that announcement"). If not, then management has a problem controlling what their CSRs say.

Either way it's not an inspiring evaluation of customer service management. Either they have a LOT of maverick CSRs giving out confidential information against company policy, OR management is allowing CSRs to put themselves in the crosshairs while they maintain "plausible deniability".

CSR's are the voice of the company, if the majority of saying that today is the day, it is normal for folks to consider it official information.

Majority shmajority. If the one CSR I talk to tells me something, I consider it official information. That's why I call a company in the first place. I want official information.

The official voice of the company is its public information and promotions officer. The CRS's are certainly not the official voice of any major corporation. To believe otherwise is foolhardy at best. They are low paid worker bee's who are under allot of pressure from callers and who are subject to rumor among themselves and not beyond telling a persistent or angry customer something the customer would like to hear. Internal documents are not public announcements. Internal document means nothing. It could be everything from a draft letter to a rejected or out of date memo. You place some importance on the word "internal". Well that's why they are internal and not public or official. So that kind of so called insider information when put in these forums only serves to spread false hope and rumor that leads to disappointment when the internal document does not match the end result.

It is still the 19th. I work in the technology field and I can tell you one thing for sure, NOTHING ever goes as it should. I think some patience is warranted. However, some communication from D*, would absolutely make us all feel better.

What gets me is that I think management is making the CSRs take their bullets.

Between the leaked memo (if it's genuine) and the (mostly consistent) reports from hearing 9/19 as "the day" from CSRs, I think it's pretty safe to assume that 9/19 was intended to be the day.
The memo was indeed genuine, this was confirmed by DirecTV.

The bottom line is this:

Everybody listened to some dumbass CSR's who don't know squat! When we upgraded equipment, D* got us for another 2 years anyway!

To the CSR"s defense they were all trained by Directv to say Sept 19th. The CSR's are only as good as the information they are given and the trainers didn't pull Sept 19th out of their ass either. It was given to them by someone higher up. So Directv is fully to blame here not just the CSR's.

The official voice of the company is its public information and promotions officer. The CRS's are certainly not the official voice of any major corporation. They are low paid worker bee's who are under allot of pressure from callers and who are subject to rumor among themselves and not beyond telling a persistent or angry customer something the customer would like to hear. Internal documents are not public announcements.
Translation: management is unable to control its worker bees.

Either the CSRs were authorized to give the date or not. If they were, then it's pretty slimy for management and D* executives to put their heads in the sand and give the "we never promised anything" spin while allowing their CSRs to be abused because of their policy and failure to deliver. If they were NOT authorized to divulge the 9/19 date, then the management has a serious problem with being able to control their workers and what they say.

As far as releasing "soft" dates to appease an angry customer, in the customer service field, when a customer gets irate or angry because a CSR won't do something they aren't allowed to do, that's what managers and supervisors are for. In customer service one of their primary functions is to handle escalations related to upset customers. They shouldn't be hiding behind the CSRs -- good CS management is paid to take the heat. The CSRs aren't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts