Very Low signal on 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrlasvegas

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
Los Angeles, City of
I am getting a signal in the teens (18/19) on 129.
It only seems to be a problem on the new HD Channels that were added last month. The channels are pixelating or most of the time causing a rescan of the satellites so the channels are unusable.

Any ideas? Nearest tree obstruction is maybe 10 feet away. Should I try trimming (that would be a pain because it is tall).

Tech service was useless for fixes, they want to send someone out. for free but none the less we know how appointment times go

I am getting a signal in the teens (18/19) on 129.
It only seems to be a problem on the new HD Channels that were added last month. The channels are pixelating or most of the time causing a rescan of the satellites so the channels are unusable.

Any ideas? Nearest tree obstruction is maybe 10 feet away. Should I try trimming (that would be a pain because it is tall).

Tech service was useless for fixes, they want to send someone out. for free but none the less we know how appointment times go

What signal strength do you get on transponders 16 and 21? If they aren't at least in the mid-30s, you either have an aiming or an obstruction problem. Dish technical support told me I needed a minimum of 15 to lock and at least 5 points over that to protect against atmospheric problems (e.g., rain). Others have said that they can't lock below 17.

Check out the signal strength on your worst HD channel. If it is a solid 20 or above, you are probably OK (note the satellite and transponder for that channel). If less than 20, take Dish up on coming out and re-aiming your antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)