Vets step forward. I'm sick of Rambo patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer the question about why this thread was started:
I served four years in the U.S. Air Force from 1996 - 2000. While I didn't serve during a time of war, I am still very proud of the time I spent in and I will always look back on it fondly. I would gladly do it again. Maybe I didn't do anything great, but I did do my little part to give back to this nation that has given all of us so much.

I have to disagree with the first person who posted, he was mad about the Rambo Patriots. I served in the military because I wanted to, it is after all a volunteer military. And maybe because I served, someone else won't have to. I don't look down on anyone who has never served in the military, I served in the military for them, and I was glad to do it. Maybe I sound like a mushy patriotic goober, but oh well, maybe I am one.:river

U.S. Air Force
Dover AFB, DE 1996-2000
SrA (E-4) C-5 Crewchief

Last edited by a moderator:
NightHawk

U.S. Navy 1977 -> 1999

Rank/Rate ATC (Aviation Electronics Technician, Chief)

Last edited:
U.S. Navy (Reserve)- 1963-69
Active: 1965-67-- Support Ship for Mekong Delta (Vietnam) Riverboats- Coast Guard WPB's, PBR's, Swift Boats, and 2 Army Assault Helicopters- 1965-66
Aboard: USS Floyd County- LST-762
E-4 (YN-3)
Proud to have served.......

As some may have deduced from my avatar, MACV = Military Assistance Command Vietnam.

US Army Aug '66 to Aug '68. Intelligence. 1 year Vietnam, Soc Trang Aug '67 to Aug '68, S-2, Interrogation. Tet Offensive.

Please close

Moderators, please close this thread. It is rapidly becoming an extension of the one that was closed and has lost its original purpose.

jayn_j said:
Moderators, please close this thread. It is rapidly becoming an extension of the one that was closed and has lost its original purpose.

? I don't get it. I though it was quite evident where the bulk of the discord originated in both threads. I make one reply to a personal attack and suddenly the thread needs closing.:confused:

the thread can stay open. i just pulled a dbs talk and cleaned it up. this was only my second time cleaning up a thread, but this one needed it. please no more attacks on each other.

to get this back on topic.

usn, jun 97 - nov 03

shugo77 said:
To answer the question about why this thread was started:
I served four years in the U.S. Air Force from 1996 - 2000. While I didn't serve during a time of war, I am still very proud of the time I spent in and I will always look back on it fondly. I would gladly do it again. Maybe I didn't do anything great, but I did do my little part to give back to this nation that has given all of us so much.

I have to disagree with the first person who posted, he was mad about the Rambo Patriots. I served in the military because I wanted to, it is after all a volunteer military. And maybe because I served, someone else won't have to. I don't look down on anyone who has never served in the military, I served in the military for them, and I was glad to do it. Maybe I sound like a mushy patriotic goober, but oh well, maybe I am one.:river

U.S. Air Force
Dover AFB, DE 1996-2000
SrA (E-4) C-5 Crewchief
Shugo, Did my basic at Ft Dix when the C-5 was first deployed. They used to come into Mcguire AFB next door and man those suckers were going so slow on their landing approach I thought they were gonna fall out of the sky!!---Ray

raymo721 said:
Shugo, Did my basic at Ft Dix when the C-5 was first deployed. They used to come into Mcguire AFB next door and man those suckers were going so slow on their landing approach I thought they were gonna fall out of the sky!!---Ray

I know what you mean, the first time I sam one flying at low altitude, I thought it was about to crash.:eek: LOL, I got used to it after awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)