VH1 Classic needs to be in HD.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
In my local area, MTVx was replaced by MTV Jams. It was on channel 272 in my area when it happened. I just got Digital Cable about six months prior, and was thrilled to finally have a rock music video channel. Then one day turned it on and found "Yo Yo Yo" being played instead. I wrote an e-mail on the old AOL dial up to MTV, which they said that the cable company switched the channels. Then about a week or two later local rock station WAAF was complaining about the same thing. Turned out MTV was lying, they dropped MTVx for MTV Jams. Also, a simple wikipedia search for MTVx will also tell you that it was discontinued and replaced by MTV Jams. Their claim was that Billboard charts and ratings proved that a Hip-Hop and R&B video channel would be more useful than a Hard Rock video channel. MTV2 for a while picked up the slack, but in Viacom's quest to keep Rap fans from looking elsewhere, and more providers picking up VH1 Classic, rock was kicked off MTV2 as well.

Last edited:
Sorry about that Ice. Did not know they still aired Beavis and Butt-Head.
new episodes started a couple weeks ago after a 15 year hiatus

I'm old school. I liked it when all MTV played was music videos.
Early 80s I went nuts for this channel
yep and I liked Remote Control too :)

I don't recognize MTV anymore. I just flip right by it.

normally I do too

It used to be "I want my MTV" now it's "I want my VH1 Classic In HD!

I believe it was the group Dire Straits whose song started off with that line. I would like to modify those lyrics in light of today's MTV:

I want my MTV....the way it used to be...way back in eighty-three...

Eric

you guys know MTV ruined music with all that lame 80's B.S. it inspired......,.worst decade for music period........
So true. The worst decade of music by far was the decade of my teen years, the 1980's.

While I was a teen all of my friends would be listening to the 80s music, and they still think it is the best music of all time, while I listened to music from the 60s and 70s.

Last edited:
I believe it was the group Dire Straits whose song started off with that line. I would like to modify those lyrics in light of today's MTV:

I want my MTV....the way it used to be...way back in eighty-three...

Eric
It was Dire Straights, a Blues inspired classic rock band that did that song. Ironically it is a song criticizing music videos, music technology, and MTV. Hence the title of the song, "Money For Nothing"

Yup. That was called, "Money for Nothing", and Dire Straits got sued by Sting's record company, even though Sting himself helped write it and sang the opening "I want my MTV" to the melody from the Police song, "Don't Stand So Close To Me." Didn't Canada ban this song or censor it?

the little Faggot line was censored, but I think that was on the album version, not the radio version
I hear it on the radio all of the time. Every song played on my local OTA classic rock station is not censored and neither is the stuff on XM.

The lines you hear in the song were lines he took from quotes of everyday ordinary people. He would hear them say something and then he would write it down

LOVED 80's music and Still do. THE BEST DECADE for music EVER!!
Many of my high school friends and some of my family members would agree with you. ;)

I think most people believe the decade they grew up in is the decade of the best music. This would make sense since this is the music that influenced them and helps bring back the memories of their past

Going back into the thread after a brief hiatus:

1. CoolTV in my area is on a subchannel with little-provided bandwidth. Even in SD it is pixelated and blocky, and unwatchable. It's not a signal strength problem.

2. 80s music was crap, at least the bubble-gum top 40 that most people are familiar with. Most of the underground punk/new wave/industrial however was brilliant and trend-setting and set the stage for the 90s grunge movement.

Going back into the thread after a brief hiatus:

1. CoolTV in my area is on a subchannel with little-provided bandwidth. Even in SD it is pixelated and blocky, and unwatchable. It's not a signal strength problem..

its not just you. Here in Minneapolis they give it little bandwidth...and the Country Network on the -DT3 channel has less bandwidth given to it

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 242
:p
I actually like the Country Network too

On CoolTV it seems like the same commercials are on the same "blocks"..during the 80's at 8 you bet you'll see 2 maybe 3 commercials for "Eggies"

The problem with giving it HD is that everything on it is SD. None of the vids you are talking about were shot in HD. I know the rez of picture will be better but I wouldn't put it up in HD either until the get all the bandwidth taken care of on both arcs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)