VH1 Classic needs to be in HD.

Best decades of rock are the 1960s and 1970s, period. The 1980s (the decade from which I spent my teen years) was one of the worst decades in rock, IMO. There were a few good bands from that era and a few bands from the 1970s that carried over into the 1980s. My favorite band, Rush, made most of their music in the 1980s, although their best stuff was from the mid 1970s to early 1980s (about 1981).

Since someone regurgitated this thread, give me some examples of GOOD 80's music. SRV was about the only good thing to come out of the 80's, that and a few classic rockers had a few good tunes, and of course blues music, never out of style.
Don't know if you are an Allman Brothers fan, but one of their guitarist that was with them during the 1980s and with Gregg Allmans solo stuff, "DANGEROUS" Dan Toler, just passed today.

Sucks. loved me some Duane though.

Rush was a fav. in high school, but they seemed to loose thier way.
Now I could live my life only listenig to the blues...Buddy, Albert, B.B. to name a few.
Going to see Buddy Guy at the fox theater wednesday, and I am sure like all Buddy shows, it will BLOW ME AWAY. 76 years young and still the best showman ever.

Sucks. loved me some Duane though.

Rush was a fav. in high school, but they seemed to loose thier way.
Now I could live my life only listenig to the blues...Buddy, Albert, B.B. to name a few.
Going to see Buddy Guy at the fox theater wednesday, and I am sure like all Buddy shows, it will BLOW ME AWAY. 76 years young and still the best showman ever.
I saw Buddy along with Dr. John, BB King, the Fabulous Thunderbirds, and Santana at a Blues Fest about 15 years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)