ViaCast MSR 1500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

godfather818

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
I saw ViaCast MSR 1500 FTA receiver on ebay today for a low price, so I bought it, should be coming soon. Does this have blind scan? or do I have to update all the TP's under G25 and autoscan? Thanks.

WOO HOO!!! I thought I was the only lunatic who owned a Viacast :D:D
(actually owned two of them)

Here is the review I did a while back
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/15314-viacast-vistar-2000-a.html

blind scan? hee hee...uh no.

you have to manually input everything in...and if you decide not to read the review I warned you...it will be a b**ch to program since it programs differently than any other box I've worked with (well the Powervu box comes in a close 2nd)

from the review (4 years ago and this was the first box I got and the 2nd review I did so it may seem different now)

Some of the features of the unit are
-3 separate favorites lists
-receiver combines audio & video channels in one list
-S-Video output
-Compact size
-change PIDs easily (guide then right arrow)
-when new channels are added on a transponder, it automatically adds them

Some of the drawbacks of the unit
-Can’t rename or delete individual channels
-All channels on a transponder are logged, whether scrambled or not
-10 entries. One Transponder is an entry, making it fill up fast
-Each transponder’s channels are easy to see (entry 3's channels start with 3...3001, 3002, etc)

I have mine setup for G10....I tried G25 but with some TP's having mainly scrambled channels it wasnt worth it for that...you cant program all TP's for G25 in it since its a 10 TP limit (each TP is a entry)

Thanks a lot Iceberg. It's okay should take 30 minutes the most to manually scan 97w. I read your review, thanks for the review.

yeah its actually not too bad. Just program in the frequencies from lyngsat and hit scan. It will scan all of them

just remember to add the "000" at the end of your LNB LO (10750000) and the frequency
14v for V
18v for H
14v+22k is you have a 22k switch in it or a Universal
18v+22k same as above

I have a Viacast Quantum DVB receiver. I have it programmed for G18 and is handy to take outside. It has a really good S-video picture too.

On mine the front panel buttons are deactivated for business use. The remote is necessary for programming.

Be careful with the EPG button, it can activate the PAL or NTSC video standard if the arrow button is selected. Then you can't see the screen to get back to the menus. It took me a while to figure that out one time when I lost the picture.

Can I enter all the channel info using some program on the computer and then transfer it to Viacast. This way takes less and I can choose which channels. Can I do this?

I also have a 2x4 multi switch on the dish. Is this gonna be a problem with this receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)