Viacom Channel BlackOut

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
As of 1:15 PM EDT Viacom updated their website with the following message:

"Thank you for your patience as we work to reach an agreement with AT&T-DIRECTV to keep Viacom channels on the air."

Seems negotiations are heading in the right direction also seems the bouncing box messages have stopped for now. No change on the AT&T front their page is still the same for now and the kids mix channel still features Disney & Cartoon Network channels.

I really hate Viacom.

They pulled the same crap when I was selling dish. People went crazy for the 3 days the channels went dark.

Maybe it’s best the channels do go dark for a few days if it means Directv can get a better deal

With a blackout, Directv loses a bunch of money the first two weeks from credits and cancellations, then it quickly tapers off. But the first few days are brutal. That is what AT&T is trying to avoid.

If there is a blackout, it will probably go on for a few months. Viacom has lost 40% of its viewers, but is offering only a 10% cut in transmission fees. 25% reduction would be more like it.

Reactions: Marcingak
they quit crying back and forth with each other and are sitting down for dinner coming up with a compromise.

With a blackout, Directv loses a bunch of money the first two weeks from credits and cancellations, then it quickly tapers off. But the first few days are brutal. That is what AT&T is trying to avoid.

If there is a blackout, it will probably go on for a few months. Viacom has lost 40% of its viewers, but is offering only a 10% cut in transmission fees. 25% reduction would be more like it.

Exactly!

If the channel does go dark I wonder if they will do what Dish did and kept the EPG info and replaced the programming with another channel.

Going off the assumption if people don’t watch the channel enough they won’t notice it’s missing.

Putting a slate saying it’s off the air, actually gets more complaints from customers simply looking for something to complain about so they could get a discount.

I had a few customers bring it up to me already wanting to complain about it and I asked them if they want their bill to go up. All of them said NO, so I suggested to not do anything and let AT&T do their job and negotiate on their behalf so they don’t pay more money to keep the channels.

Or maybe they learned their lesson with the disputes with other providers and decided to do things different this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Besides Nick, NickToons, and Comedy Central, I don't watch any of their other garbage channels, MTV is complete crap. As is VH1, not a fan of TV Land either. I think AT&T is right, their quality has dropped, I have no desire to pay more for garbage channels. And the whole thing from Viacom that DTV is raising rates, every damn provider does that every year no matter what, DISH losses channels, they raise rates, Spectrum same for them, Comcast, etc.....

Reactions: Thelucky1
Besides Nick, NickToons, and Comedy Central, I don't watch any of their other garbage channels, MTV is complete crap. As is VH1, not a fan of TV Land either. I think AT&T is right, their quality has dropped, I have no desire to pay more for garbage channels. And the whole thing from Viacom that DTV is raising rates, every damn provider does that every year no matter what, DISH losses channels, they raise rates, Spectrum same for them, Comcast, etc.....

I watch Comedy Central for Southpark, Paramont for Bar Rescue, and one show on Logo.

I don’t care for BET, MTV and Vh1 suck, and I have out grown Nickelodeon.

Even TV Land is garbage. I can get the classic shows I want on Me Tv and Antenna Tv.

We really need a la carte, assign a dollar value to each channel and let us check off the channels we want to pay for.

The providers will never go for that , because out of the 22 Viacom channels 3 are worth watching.

Even HBO, I know I said some bad things about Dish over it, but I never watch the movie channels anyways.

The fricken movie channels are 75% of the cost of the base package

Reactions: JUCJ85
I watch Comedy Central for Southpark, Paramont for Bar Rescue, and one show on Logo.

I don’t care for BET, MTV and Vh1 suck, and I have out grown Nickelodeon.

Even TV Land is garbage. I can get the classic shows I want on Me Tv and Antenna Tv.

We really need a la carte, assign a dollar value to each channel and let us check off the channels we want to pay for.

The providers will never go for that , because out of the 22 Viacom channels 3 are worth watching.

Even HBO, I know I said some bad things about Dish over it, but I never watch the movie channels anyways.

The fricken movie channels are 75% of the cost of the base package

People have talked about getting a la carte channels forever. And, in a way, it will eventually happen. But rather than being individual narrow channels, it will be broad on-demand content bundles offered from a few media giants: Netflix, Disney, WarnerMedia, Amazon, CBS, etc.

Aside from that, perhaps before the whole cable channel system collapses several years down the road, we'll also see cable operators offering mini-bundles of just the channels offered from each individual owner corporation: Viacom, Discovery, Disney, NBCUniversal, etc. That might solve the whole blackout problem.

yep, confirmed now, the AT&T promise site has reverted back to what it looked like Tuesday before AT&T updated it on Wednesday to address the Viacom dispute.

meanwhile, the Keep Viacom site has been updated with this statement

VIACOM AND AT&T REACH NEW AGREEMENT

March 25, 2019: We are pleased to announce a renewed Viacom-AT&T contract that includes continued carriage of Viacom services across multiple AT&T DirecTV platforms and products. The deal brings AT&T customers more choice and improved value for Viacom content. Thank you for your support.

sounds like we maybe getting new HD channels and 4K content from Viacom owned channels soon.

Sent from my RCT6873W42M using Tapatalk

Reactions: harshness
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts