Viacom clarification please...

Trav

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Hi, I signed up for Dish last week and it is getting installed Tuesday (tomorrow). Now I've been reading about the Viacom battle and wondering if I will be losing channels right off the bat?

Do I understand correctly that CBS will only be shut down in 20 major metro areas? What about the other Viacom channels - are these also only being shut down in those areas or is it network wide?

I'm in the Quad Cities area (Davenport, Iowa) area which has local channels but I don't think it is one of the 20 I saw in the list.

Just wondering how I will be affected. Thanks.

According to Dish's website, these are the channels that will not be available as of 12AM PST tonight:

BET - Comedy Central - MTV - MTV2 - Nick Games & Sports - Nickelodeon/Nick at Night (East and West) - NOGGIN - VH1 - VH1 Classic

Charlie said all subscribers will receive a $1.00 credit to their bill to make up for it...

aperry said:
According to Dish's website, these are the channels that will not be available as of 12AM PST tonight:

BET - Comedy Central - MTV - MTV2 - Nick Games & Sports - Nickelodeon/Nick at Night (East and West) - NOGGIN - VH1 - VH1 Classic

Charlie said all subscribers will receive a $1.00 credit to their bill to make up for it...

Ok, but what about CBS? Will CBS only be dropped in those large metro areas or everywhere? I'm not too worried about a temporary loss of the channels you mentioned above, but I am more concerned about CBS (one of the reasons I signed up for Dish was for the locals).

Trav said:
Ok, but what about CBS? Will CBS only be dropped in those large metro areas or everywhere? I'm not too worried about a temporary loss of the channels you mentioned above, but I am more concerned about CBS (one of the reasons I signed up for Dish was for the locals).
If your station is a CBS Owned&Operated (Like KTVT in Dallas/Ft. Worth), It's toast. If not, you're fine.

Where do you live?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts