Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
Yeah, I thought that'd get your attention.
But guess what. This time its .....

"Media giant Viacom is threatening to pull MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon and 16 other channels from Time Warner Cable if a new carriage fee deal is not agreed upon by midnight today."

Response from Alex Dudley, a vice president at Time Warner Cable:

"The issue is that they have asked for an exorbitant increase in their carriage fees, and their network ratings are sagging. Basically we're trying to hold the line for our customers."

So why did I post it here in the satellite forum? Because I've seen so many of these threads and just wanted to make a point that it isn't just Dish having these issues with networks wanting to raise carriage fees.

My dish bill is about $85 a month. The networks better be real careful or they'll price themselves out of existence. As much as I love the variety I get over satellite, if it gets too much higher I'll be pulling the plug and going back to OTA. I'll be retiring soon and on a fixed income.... I can think of a lot of other uses for about $1200 a year.

Thankfully it is not 2004 again and this is not happening on Dish Network. :)

But it just goes to show that this happens to other companies besides Dish Network as many folks thought these feuds were a Dish Network exclusive. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts