Viacom upconvert channels coming to Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

allargon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
Engadget is reporting that Dish and MTV are doing a joint interactive thing.

Interactive ad campaign seeks to "reinvent commercial time as content time" - Engadget HD

MTV Networks is teaming up with Cadbury and DISH Network in order to launch its "first-ever advertiser-supported interactive television campaign." Available "exclusively" to DISH Network customers (a curse disguised as a blessing?), the campaign will debut during The N's reality series Queen Bees on July 11th at 9:00PM ET / PT. Put simply, it will present viewers with sets of questions to answer during the show (no, that's not distracting at all), and in the next commercial break, the poll results will be shown. According to the outfits involved, this is their attempt to "reinvent commercial time as content time" and "encourage viewer retention throughout the pod."

I wonder if this means that Dish and Viacom have made up. Will we see the VH1, CMT, Comedy Central and MTV H...err..upconverted SD's on Dish soon?

I would much rather see the Fox cable channels show up.

Fox News
Fox Business News and Hot Babes channel.
Speed
FX
Fuel (Never watch it, but its part of the package).

I'd love to see these channels come to dish, I don't care if its upconverted at least its better than sd crap we have to see. Maybe they worked out a deal for LOGO as well, since MTV owns that channel too.

Engadget is reporting that Dish and MTV are doing a joint interactive thing.

Interactive ad campaign seeks to "reinvent commercial time as content time" - Engadget HD

I wonder if this means that Dish and Viacom have made up. Will we see the VH1, CMT, Comedy Central and MTV H...err..upconverted SD's on Dish soon?

Puke ... Cleverly hidden ads. WOW! I can't wait for this Dish revolution.

I better get ready and learn how to turn OFF the interactive features on my DVR.

Peace with Viacom - "let us invade your Dish Network customers with ads and we'll let you broadcast our channels". What a good deal!

Thanks Team Dish!

If Dish and Viacom are so buddy buddy on The N, why can't they fix it so that The N and Noggin are each 24/7, and Nick GAS is history? Or is the next press release "Nick GAS Interactive Ads EXCLUSIVELY on Dish Network!" :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)