VICE TV Thoughts? ( H2 replacement)

The channel's target demo is gonna be 18-40 year old people.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk
Yep. The target market that does not watch much "traditional" TV. And won't start now, either.

I'll watch snippets of a few programs. I don't expect to find anything of interest. More of "it can't really be that bad........"

Maybe Dish is trying to be "inclusive?" Trying to hit several niche markets at once? Trying to get Bernie to subscribe?

So can someone tell me what IS actually being run now, where all the EPG says all day is to "call some 800#"...I'm at work & I forgot to turn it on before work this AM...

Some guy at a table and listening to people calling in, blithering about any topic that enters their head.

Next caller might talk about his belly button lint and first time with a sheep.

It's "HEY! WE ARE BIZZARRE!"

Reactions: ChadT41
Dish Network has the contractual rights to Military History Channel and can carry it in addition to Viceland TV. Dish is holding off, just like it delayed with the Smithsonian Channel until recently.
For the love of God! The MHC would be a much better use of electrons than either of those other two.

I have this number in my Guide 646-851-0347.
And I called it.
What an F'en joke and a Half phone call.

Yous should call it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

What's running on Viceland right now... upload_2016-2-29_14-31-29.png
It's two female staff members of Vice/Viceland sitting and listening to the voice mail messages left by people who called the number from the guide, "646-851-0347 Leave a Message".

Basically, it is random messages from voice mail that you might expect people who watch/read Vice would leave. Kind of weird. It reminds me of the show "Ring My Bell" - http://www.adweek.com/fishbowlny/ring-my-bell-rupaul-drag-race-raven-world-wonder/193445 .

FWIW, the current version of Ring My Bell is produced by World of Wonder, and features (mostly) stars from the Logo TV network. So if someone doesn't enjoy Logo, they wouldn't enjoy Ring My Bell either.

Also from the two shows they have pre aired tonight that I've watched Noisey is excellent (I work in the music industry so a music centric show makes sense to my tastes) and Gaycation was boring. I thought it would be better so maybe it was just the location/pilot jitters. Going to preview the rest off the DVR tomorrow morning.

Much better channel than most channels we have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My best hope is that the Weed episodes for children suffering and cancer and PTSD will be interesting.

Serious doubts about the rest of it. We will see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)