Video blackout with Netflix and 4K Splitter

gislands

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
California
Hi all,
So I got a 4K TV about a month ago and have been having issues with the splitter I am using to split the signal from the H3 to the 4K TV and another old HDTV in another room.
It first started with no audio, just video in the other room. Turned out it was the HDMI cable going from the H3 to the splitter. Changed it out with another HDMI and it is all good. That was weird because I bought new cables from Amazon for that splitter and maybe one was bad. Who knows...
But last night I was trying to watch Netflix, and not sure why I didn't notice this before because I swear Netflix was working just fine last week with the splitter, I went to watch a movie. Was able to see the Netflix app fine, the menus of movies fine. Then I go to watch the move and there is no video at all, a black screen but you can see the netflix controls and ever the screen caps of the movie when you try to fast forward to another part of the movie. And there was audio.
So I plugged the H3's HDMI directly into the TV and it works fine. Can see the movie in all it's 4K glory.
I am guessing it has something to do with HDCP and it not working with the splitter? I am super confused as I used to have a good old HDMI HD splitter by the same company and no problems whatsoever. I didn't save the box but I might try to return it to Amazon anyways and get another. Anyone using this?
Here is the splitter in question:

Amazon product ASIN B00F5R9TNM
G Islands.

All I know is if you try to split from a 4K tv to an HD tv , the picture will default to the lowest resolution or to HD on both tvs. You need two 4K tvs to split it properly to 4K resolution and sound. That and a 4K splitter. I found this out when I was trying to split my HD tv and my 4K tv. Couldn't figure out why I saw no difference between 4K and HD. Read up on it on google and no longer use a splitter. Once I get another 4K tv , I will try to split the signal again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts