video editing feature?

drobbins

Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Do you think it is possible, if even remotely hopeful, that DISH might be able to incorporate some video editing feature, so you could edit out commercials and/or beginning and ending overlaps of DVR-ed video? Just curious - this is a feature I would absolutely love to have and use, but was curious if anyone either had heard anything about such, or knew that they won't provide it.

I have this feature with my Panasonice E85H and it is priceless. I've made over 500 DVD's in the past 2 1/4 years with it and it makes editing a breeze. I can't do fades, overlaps or fancy edits like that, but it does a nice job of cutting the commercials. It outputs 480P, though it won't do anamorphic, it still compares quite favorably to some of the "HD" crap Dish is putting up there these days.

It would be nice to do simple things like cut off 1 minute blocks at the start/end of a recording, but it'll never happen and I shutter to think of Dish technicians trying to push it out the door onto our boxes.

I shutter to think of the vast amount of non tech savy customers out there trying to figure out how to work such a set of features.

Yeah, all 2 button presses it would require

"push button that says "Remove last 1 minute of event" "
"Push button that asks "Are you sure?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)