? Video in posts ??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just FYI For some of you in the rural areas of country, another option instead of Dial Up or Satellite Internet would be Internet of cellular if you get cellular service in your area.

I'd really like to get that "can you hear me now" guy with the "network" behind him to come to my house. I can see mountains from 45 miles away, and can ALMOST see a closer mountain with cell towers on it, and SHOULD be able to get cell coverage here, but NO. There are so many hills and valleys around here that 95% of the people in this town don't have any cell coverage. You always see cars parked on top of hills, etc, and you know that they've just happened to find one of the few places that the cell signals get through.
Anyway this is a real black hole here for anything but old fashioned phone lines and satellite.

HOSTS & other solutions:

Thanks, that file looks awsome. Trying it out now.
Anole, Thanks for the HOSTS file tip! :D
You're certainly welcome. - :up
I found it after looking at various add-blockers, and coming away disappointed.
It seemed to be far simpler and robust, as well as easy to extend and understand.

For sheer flexibility, this could be outstanding!
If you use firefox try the "ImgLikeOpera" extension
"You can set one of policies for each tab:
- don't load images;
- load cached images only;
- load images for the originating Web site only;
- load all images."
I learn the best stuff on SatGuy's! - :up

I live out in the woods with only turtle-speed dial-up. No cable, cell or DSL and not much chance of getting any of those (although there are millions in the stimulus package for rural broadband, I'm not holding my breath). I've found the quickest way to access this, and other sites, is to use the PDA mode. Only the text arrives. If I see a posting with pictures that interests me, I switch over to the normal mode and get a cup of tea while the pictures download. Good luck.

I can't put up a BUD and that makes me SAD.

I CAN use CATV High speed internet, and this makes me HAPPY.

I really feel for anyone who has satellite internet as the only high speed option.

There should be LAWS against bandwidth capping, especially by the likes of HughesNet and WildBlue.

I looked into HughesNet and found a 200MB daily bandwidth LIMIT. That really stinks!

I use Netflix streaming regularly and watch Youtube all the time. I am really thankful that I don't have to deal with dial-up or satellite internet.

I will make sure to use the thumbnail feature when and if I ever post pictures.

I don't suppose there is anything we as a people can do, but, we should try lobby somehow to get bandwidth limits removed, especially for folks that have no other option for high speed internet. I know that is a want and not a NEED like electricity, but, in this day and age, internet access is almost a necissity, and users should not be crippled in how they can surf due to bandwidth limits.
NEED like electricity??? I am powering my laptop with solar panels. (no cash yet for wind-geneartor.

I got FTA so I can get some TV! I get Cellular dial up so I can get some almost reasonably priced internet -- today it has been running at 4800 baud! And that is from the only company that HAS cell service here - and refuses to say they provide it! (Verizon, US Cellular, Sprint and ATT all show coverage, but only T-Mobile covers my property - and they say they can not!)

Last big wind blew the roofing off two buildings and one lean-to down! Main phone cable also came down and phone company does not want to replace the cable (again) for 3 customers. I will try the PDA option! THANKS!!

POP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts