Video PID for Radio Channels

Cemguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
I've noticed that some of the radio channels have Video PIDs.

Doesn't that indicate that they have actual video streams associated with them (possibly to display information on music currently being played)?

Is there any way to have the Fortec Star Mercury II receiver treat radio stations as if they are TV stations so that the video stream is displayed?

On the Fortec Mercury II, VPID 8191 is coded so the receiver displays a stored JPEG.

Example: Edit an existing TV channel and replace the scanned VPID with 8191 and the receiver will display the Audio JPEG image instead of live video.

If you place the VPID of a TV channel that is on the same TP as the Radio channel, you would hear the radio channel audio and view the video from the inputted VPID.

Radio stations are just APIDs (audio) without VPIDs (video)!

Radio stations are just APIDs (audio) without VPIDs (video)!

Gotcha. I thought some radio stations actually had a video stream associated to show things like song currently being played (like on some cable, dish, or directv radio channels). Apparently that's accomplished some other way.

I've added a few radio channels to the video side as to not burn in anything on the TV

All I do is see what TP the radio channel is on and see the apid
select a video channel on that same transponder and see the video & PCR PID (Usually the same)
do a pid entry (advanced scan) and enter the pids properly

voila...radio on the TV side....and its funny to see an arabic channel video but a christian radio broadcaster coming through the TV :)

do a pid entry (advanced scan) and enter the pids properly

Thanks. I guess on the Fortec Star Mercury II, I'd just to an "Add Channel" on the Channel Menu. Too bad we can't get the actual video stream that some stations use to list currently playing song, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)