View Chciago Local HD in Miami

jacoman

Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
Hello Sat Guys,

I am a first time poster here at Sat Guys. I currently live in Miami and this is where my account was established with DISH. When they installed my DISH latino and HD programming they installed 2 separate sat dishes. I am not sure which dish serves what function. I do know that I am pointed to 3 satellites (110, 119, 61) in that order. One of the dishes has 2 eyes and is facing SW. The other has 1 eye and points SE. I am guessing that 1 dish picks up 110 and 119 and the other is the HD and points to 61. Not sure about this, I would very much appreciate any help in explaining my possible config.

I would like to be able to receive Chicago local channels in HD here from Miami. If I were to change my mailing address to a Chicago area address could I theoretically receive Chicago local HD programming if I pointed one of the dishes towards satellite 129 instead of 61 like my current config? If so, which of the 2 dishes would I point at 129 after changing my zip code Chicago, IL? Or would I need to go to a 3-eye configuration on the current 2-eye dish?

Additionally, I receive the Regional Sports Channels programming. Would my change in zip to a Chicago area zip automatically change my sports programming from Sun Sports and Fox Florida to Comcast Sports Chicago without any satellite config change?

Are there any other issues that I am not addressing in this possible scenario.

Thanks,
jacoman

Last edited:
If there is an actual way to do this can you send me that PM as well.. I would love to be able to see my Chicago sports, I thought it was impossible due to spot beams.

Chicago HDs are not on spotbeam, but you will only get the main channels so you would be stuck without the rest of the locals (from your actual local or from Chicago) because the SDs are on a spotbeam. If you want do do this do a search on "moving"

Chicago HDs are not on spotbeam, but you will only get the main channels so you would be stuck without the rest of the locals (from your actual local or from Chicago) because the SDs are on a spotbeam. If you want do do this do a search on "moving"

Ahh so I would only get the big 4? not Chicago Sports net, and WCIU, basically the good channels that carry the sports I want? that's probably not as helpful as I thought it would be then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)