"View First Unread" not working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
And it hasn't worked for a while. It's getting worse. Or am I the only one?

I usually go to the front page and go thru the Recent Posts. If it's in bold, that indicates new post since I last looked, right? Yet I can click on it, go to the thread, and there's often no "View First Unread" at the top- but there are new posts at the bottom.

What's going on?

Same problem here, what I know for sure - it's always happen when you delete your own post from the thread. Probable same reason when someone do same or do edit own old post.

No, I haven't done any of that. It happens in both FF & IE, BTW.

What I've noticed on my Mac and Firefox is the "View First Unread" resets. It will work fine on the threads I'm following, but one day it will take me to the first post like I'd never read the thread before. I usually jump to the last page and get caught back up, but I figured with all the tweaks Scott has been making, some counters are getting reset.

Yes, I'm getting some of that too- older threads. But now it's happening on more recent and more active threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)