View from recording list stops it as not authorized.

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
I have had both 722s in single mode when browsing say the channel is not authorized. Changing channel stops the recording.

Tonight's problem was I was in the list of recordings and selected to View the only one running and it then said I was not authorized. As I have AEP (all everything) it includes TCM and I was an hour into the recording so obviously was authorized.

In the past I associated this with having a OTA channel selected but this was not the case here. At L618 on the more reliable recorder. What's going on?

I don't like getting a seldom shown movie in 2 pieces and what if I hadn't been there? To say nothing of maybe missing a piece. Does this explain some other stops?

-Ken

I wish I knew, I have gotten that message on two recordings, on one the recording stopped but not the second. I could not view the recordings until they were done. And on the one recording that was stopped, it recorded the very next show from the same channel. Haven't had it happen for a couple of weeks now.

I had that problem once before on a older unit when the smartcard reader started to go bad. On the newer models that information is stored internally but I don't why that piece, whatever it is, couldn't start flaking out. Just a thought.....

I was having this issue with my 722 in single mode also. I thought it might have something to do with the timers being set before I put in the new smart card. It was always on the same timers that were on the same channel cnbc for 2 shows in a row. I have deleted those 2 and did not set them again yet so I don't really now if that was it yet. Of course I had alot of timers set before the new smart card but I've updated a lot of them so It would be hard to come to any conclusions yet.

Had that happen the other day. I set up my 622 to record 2001 from encore HD (340) that was to begin at 4am. 54 minutes into the recording the message indicating that my smartcard says I'm not authorized to receive this channel pops up. Recording terminated.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts