This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

viewsat extreme, parental pin ????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dicknada

Original poster
May 13, 2006
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site. I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I just set up a Viewsat Extreme. I was deleting a few stations and the receiver frooze up. I powered it off and on and when it came back up, the receiver asked for a parental pin. The only pin I have is 0000 and it no longer works. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dick

Did you chnage the PIN #?
What's your setup? (Dish size, LNB, motor if applicable, etc)

if all else fails, reload factory software on it. That usually resets everything

Hey Iceberg

I have an ExpressVu 20 dish and two LNBF Dual D-Channel Feeds and an Echo SW21 Switch,

I did not switch my pin. I have been trying to reload the software, but It is not working.

I have Loader v1, VS2000_NEWOSD_EXTREME_2061_factory_bin.

Is this the right software? Can't seem to get it down my comport.

Thanks for your response.

d.

yep thats the factory software...of course you aint gonna get much with a 20" dish. For true FTA, you need at least a 30" dish and a different LNB

what were you looking to pick up?

echostar

It was working pretty well on echostar 9 and 7. I had it set up on 263magnetic, 21 elevetion and skew 126. I was getting a good signal, but every time I changed channels, I had to turn it on and off!!! Any comments on that?

I figured if I reprogrammed I would be alright. I think I'll try it on a different computer. My comports do diddley.

I might move to a 30" dish to get more satelites.

Cheers

d.

yep...thats what I figured...when someone "loses" their PIN #, 99% of the time they're stealing

we have a No Hack Talk rule here...you steal, I ban. Plain and simple.

Nice way for me to start the morning...1st thrread I see becomes a new notch on the "ban belt"

closed
banned

Pete has his "no halk talk" picture...I have mine now (new one)

Attachments

• ws3.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 192
Ha Ha!

Attachments

• smagd.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.