viewsat extreme, parental pin ????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dicknada

Original poster
May 13, 2006
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site. I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I just set up a Viewsat Extreme. I was deleting a few stations and the receiver frooze up. I powered it off and on and when it came back up, the receiver asked for a parental pin. The only pin I have is 0000 and it no longer works. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dick

Did you chnage the PIN #?
What's your setup? (Dish size, LNB, motor if applicable, etc)

if all else fails, reload factory software on it. That usually resets everything :)

Hey Iceberg

I have an ExpressVu 20 dish and two LNBF Dual D-Channel Feeds and an Echo SW21 Switch,

I did not switch my pin. I have been trying to reload the software, but It is not working.

I have Loader v1, VS2000_NEWOSD_EXTREME_2061_factory_bin.

Is this the right software? Can't seem to get it down my comport.

Thanks for your response.

d.

yep thats the factory software...of course you aint gonna get much with a 20" dish. For true FTA, you need at least a 30" dish and a different LNB

what were you looking to pick up?

echostar

It was working pretty well on echostar 9 and 7. I had it set up on 263magnetic, 21 elevetion and skew 126. I was getting a good signal, but every time I changed channels, I had to turn it on and off!!! Any comments on that?

I figured if I reprogrammed I would be alright. I think I'll try it on a different computer. My comports do diddley.

I might move to a 30" dish to get more satelites.

Cheers

d.

yep...thats what I figured...when someone "loses" their PIN #, 99% of the time they're stealing

we have a No Hack Talk rule here...you steal, I ban. Plain and simple.

Nice way for me to start the morning...1st thrread I see becomes a new notch on the "ban belt"

closed
banned

Pete has his "no halk talk" picture...I have mine now (new one)

Attachments

• ws3.JPG
    ws3.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 191
Ha Ha!

Attachments

• smagd.jpg
    smagd.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.