Viewsat Support

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eastcoast

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
Newfoundland,Canada
has anyone heard if the viewsat people are going to put out any new and improved upgrades to their platinum 2000 as I have one but use it very little or to watch G10R only, the sensitivity or tolarence to weak distorted TP seem to be better then my coolsat 5000.
The improvement I'm looking for is fix the so called blind scan that is software controlled and I can't seem to have any luck with.
Maybe others can comment on their experience or have some inside info as to when an update may come about.

Dave

I've never heard of firmware helping to improve the sensitivity of a receiver. Generally for something like that you need to make a change to the electronic guts.

The best/easiest thing you could do to improve things is going to a bigger dish. A weak signal is still a weak signal regardless of receiver.

I didn't mean firmware to improve the Rx sensitivity just the software run blindscan.
The Viewsat receiver can produce a viewable picture at a lower quality signal then my coolsat can using the same signal source.

Eastcoast said:
I didn't mean firmware to improve the Rx sensitivity just the software run blindscan.
The Viewsat receiver can produce a viewable picture at a lower quality signal then my coolsat can using the same signal source.

Quality numbers aren't universal. A number on one brand of box doesn't neccesarily equal the same number on another's box.

But if you're saying that the Viewsat can pull in channels that the Coolsat can't that's a different story then.

Hi Das
Yes if I use KUIL for an example as the quality for me is around 63% on the coolsat 5000 and is not watchable or pixulates.If I take that same antenna connection of the coolsat and connect it ti the Viewsat 2000 its good enough to watch.
I know each manufactures meter readings are different.

Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)