Viewsat Ultra and missing ac-3 sound

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Just some news from one of the tech people at ViewsatUSA today. There is supposed ly a fix in the works, to be ready later this week, or next, a software upgrade to repair
the inability of the new Ultra receiver to pass the AC-3 audio signals out. I was set to ship it to them for repair (another tech there apparently knew nothing about this problem) but was told to wait, as their engineers were working on a firmware fix.

charles

Turbosat, do you have a email address for the ViewSat folks? I'd like to email them about how my ViewSat Extreme works with my Stab Motor. Or do I just google the Viewsat folks?

wwwviewsatusa.com is the website........go to support, I think the email is techsupport@viewsatusa.com. You can call them too, they're in CAlifornia (not toll free ) I talked to a younger guy, Oscar, yesterday. They're real American tech support too.
BUT>if they get covered up with phone calls you will get an answering machine--they will call you back though.
charles
edit>Just noticed frm another post you are in Canada>I think there is also a viewsat-canada website, try google for it. Don't know if they have tech support there or not as I did not bookmark it last week when I saw the site
C

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.