Viewsat xtreme dillama

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

love freebies

Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
ontario
I have 36" KU Motorized dish With Viewsat xtreme I'm able to get signals for several satellite but each time I move the satellite from one signal to another I'm not able to get the previous signal.

I do believe I'm storing each position after each blind search I do,but nothing seem to be saved.

Thank you in advance for any help.

If you setup to your True South Sat, the Sat at or as close to your Longitude, I would try using USALS for Motor Control.

When you are in that setup menu and see Motor-User, try the arrow button and see if you can select USALS. For each satellite you have set up. Or you can choose Diseqc 1.2 and save position on each satellite when you locate them.

I have tried to use the USALS option and the dish moved from 97w to 101w and that was great.

However,now I can't get the dish to move back to 97w or any other satellite using the USAlS. the following is my setting.

LNB TYPE Universal
LNB High 10600
LNB LOW 9750
MOTOR USALS

Also in the Usals Menu after pressing OK MOVE it shows a message antenna moving but really it is not moving.

Thank you for all the help.

I have tried to use the USALS option and the dish moved from 97w to 101w and that was great.

However,now I can't get the dish to move back to 97w or any other satellite using the USAlS. the following is my setting.

LNB TYPE Universal
LNB High 10600
LNB LOW 9750
MOTOR USALS

Also in the Usals Menu after pressing OK MOVE it shows a message antenna moving but really it is not moving.

Thank you for all the help.

I am using a Viewsat Xtreme but with a 12 ft Mesh Dish with an Actuator Dish Mover. Have about 28 Satellites stored on the Xtreme. For receiving KU Band, First you need to set :
LNB Type = Standard
LNB Freq = 10750

What type of Motor are you using? Ie is it a Stab HH -120? As Turbo said you have to store each satellite on your motor setting after blind scanning and that is in the Motor Setting (ie USALS, User, or Installer) - press it then scroll up to the arrow key to store and save the satellite. For my Stab Motor and my 1 Meter Dish I used:
Motor = USALS . And once you locate the Satellite you have to store the setting by Pressing on USALS and Pressing and scrolling up to the arrow and press again to store the Sat. Also (almost forgot) you need to set in your Latitude and Longitude on the Receiver Settings if you have a Stab type of Motor. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Freebie what kind of lnbf are you using? If it IS a universal, then you're set, but if it is a standard lnbf, your LO setting will be 10750.

If I select standard for for the LNB there is no pic/sound.
If I select Universal there is pic/sound. So is that mean the LNB universal?

I have also changed High 10750/Low 9750

Motor is H-H Sc-2100

Using USALS still shows this message antenna moving but it is not moving!

I had manually moved the dish by pressing the button on the motor to 97w from `101w saved and exited. Then selected 101w from the menu,dish moved to 101,but again it does not move anywhere else by USALS

Thank you

One other thing with Standard I only have LNB FREQ and 22KHZ as options,With Universal I have High and Low.

Freebies just following up on Turbosat's questions. In order to help you we need to know what type of LNB you are using and ALL of your Antenna Settings. Ie. LNB Power? LNB Type? LNB Freq? 22Khz? Are you using a DisEQC Switch? If so the proper Port must be set etc. etc. Give us the complete Listing of your current Antenna Setup.

LNB Power - ON
TYPE- universal
High -10750
Low-9750
Search option on
Diseqc 1.0
Motor -usals

As for LNB
RF 11.70/12.20GHZ
IF 950/1450MHZ
LO 1075GHZ
Cain 55db

Lastly if I use USALS to move the dish I can hear the click sound from motor but it does not move. As for DisEQC Switch I'm not using any.

Last edited:
OK some good news I decided to go with factory default and start over.
I have been able to store up to three satellite using the USER option in Motor.
That is were I had to manually change the dish then I want into user stored position and exited. I stored position again by pressing F3 when I had full screen on.

So far it's working I'm able to go back and forth on the three satellite.

But the question remains why is it working now?

I suppose since you weren't using USALS program. If you use the diseqc 1.2 program you have to manually locate each sat and store its position. Maybe USALS doesn't work properly in that receiver....hope it works better for you now.

There should be something printed on the LNBF that indicates whether it is a universal or a standard LNBF. If it is universal, then the correct settings are L.O. 9750/10600. If it is a standard LNBF, the correct setting is L.O. 10750. If it doesn't have "universal" printed on the LNBF, chances are it is a standard. Keep in mind you have to re-scan if you change L.O. frequencies, as the down frequencies where the receiver sees the channels will change when you change your local oscillator (L.O.) setting.

EDIT:

As for LNB
RF 11.70/12.20GHZ
IF 950/1450MHZ
LO 1075GHZ
Cain 55db

LNBF is a standard or single, L.O. 10750.

Last edited:
LNB Power - ON
TYPE- universal
High -10750
Low-9750
Search option on
Diseqc 1.0
Motor -usals

As for LNB
RF 11.70/12.20GHZ
IF 950/1450MHZ
LO 1075GHZ
Cain 55db

Lastly if I use USALS to move the dish I can hear the click sound from motor but it does not move. As for DisEQC Switch I'm not using any.

Freebies from reading your previous post re the Motor (hh sc 2100) it sounds like you may have a Motec SG 2100 Motor. If your lnb is NOT a Universal type then you have to select TYPE = Standard (10750). You will need to use USALS for your Motor Setting. Type in your Latitude and Longitude Setting (there are lots of programs to help you with this ie SatHostia) for your Location in Ontario, after you select USALS by pressing or scrolling on it. Start with your True South Satellite for your location ie 97.0W. Slowly adjust your Dish up and down - Elevation and East to West till you get a strong Signal on S and Q signal quality. Store that Satellite. For Example on 97.0W you should be receiving 249 Channels if its locked in. Once you have locked in 97.0W or your True South Satellite you should be on what they call the proper Satellite Arc for ALL East to West Satellites. Then its just a matter of Blind Scanning in each new Satellite you Select.

First thank you all for helpful information and Just an update I have tried to store a forth satellite the 103w following the same approach with no success!

Nothing printed on the LNB, Universal or standard.Is that mean it's standard!
What I have on the Antenna setup is

LNB Power - ON
TYPE- universal
High -10750
Low-9750
Search option on
Diseqc 1.0
Motor -user
Should I change the type to Standard and what impact will that have?
I think I'm on the proper Satellite Arc for ALL East to West Satellites all I do to get signal is move dish East and West.

If you scanned a satellite with the settings of Standard, LO 10750 and the channels that you found matched what is in THE LIST (top of page) then I'd say you have a standard lnbf.

I would change the LNB type to "Standard", and use the L.O. 10750. That way, you're working with the proper settings and your scans will be accurate.

I changed the LNB TYPE TO universal/10600 I ended up loosing signal for some channels
Then I tried Standard /10750 and the same problem.Now I just left it as it is.
but to solve this problem do I have to delete all channels and then rescan!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)