Vip 211 EHD DVR question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SoftwrDude

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2004
Hi to all,

I am watching a program and it is near the end. The DVR is recording normally like it always does so that I can skip back anytime I want.

Now the question is this. I press record and a message appears saying that it will record the remaining of the program. I click Yes and it records from that moment forward, deleting what was already on the hard drive from the same program.

Why it doesn't use what is recorded in the Hard disk and continues with the remaining part, so that the entire show is saved in the recording?

Thanks!

Was there an "options" button on that message? If it's like the "real" DVRs you should have an option to "record entire event" otherwise you'd have to do what dfergie said.

The "record entire event" inside the options was there but grayed out. Technically the recording is not the entire event, maybe that's why is not available to choose in the options.

I tried what dfergie said and it worked. That was a great tip, thanks!

Thanks to all!

Right, "record entire event" is only available if you have been on that channel since the beginning and the whole thing is currently in the buffer. Otherwise, you have to do the rewind and record thing.

Right, "record entire event" is only available if you have been on that channel since the beginning and the whole thing is currently in the buffer. Otherwise, you have to do the rewind and record thing.
How do u rewind if the program is not in the buffer?

The best you can do is to rewind to the beginning of the buffer and record from there. If you were not tuned to a channel it is not buffered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts