VIP 211 green screen

mheckman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
I found some older threads, but didn't know if it was better to bump an old one or start a new one.

I have a leased VIP211 about 4.5 years old. Last week I got a solid green screen while watching a recorded program on the EHD. Unplugged, restarted, and was able to finish watching the recording.

About a day later, it threw another green screen. Not sure what we were watching at that point, but after unplug/restart, it no longer recognizes that the EHD is present. I've unplugged it again, and also detached and reattached the EHD USB cable. Still nothing. The tuner seems fine, but all DVR functionality is gone.

The diagnostics in the setup menu don't even enable the "USB" test option.

Suggestions? Is there a specific order in which I need to unplug and reconnect the EHD vs restarting the receiver? Should I just look to swap the receiver out for a replacement?

I'd prefer not to have to have a tech come out just to tell me I need to replace the receiver. Is there a way to work with a local installer and take my old receiver in for a swap?

Thanks.

mydish was showing EHD still authorized, but I did a chat with a tech and had them re-send the signal. Disconnected and reconnected the EHD and it recognized it.

All good now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts