mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
From the Dish Tech Portal:

06/19/2006: 1452 Software Version L2.67 for ViP 211 / DISH 411

Effective Tuesday, June 20th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L2.67 for the ViP 211 / DISH 411 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L2.67 will be the valid software version for the ViP 211 / DISH 411.

Confirmed as current 211 firmware on the Dish receivers table:
VIP211/ DISH 411 L2.67 6/20/2006 (replaces) L2.66 4/27/2006

Last edited:
I have been asking and have not got anything back yet.

The way Release Notes are being done now I must get them from the media relations folks. This is a change from before, part of the reason for this is because another site has been posting beta release notes instead of the real release notes.

More hoops to jump through.

Hmm I wonder what this one will do? So for those who notice anything diffrent let us all know. :)

Last edited:
John Kotches said:
I'd like to see Dish fix the Dolby Digital over HDMI problem. It would be nice for a single cable to go from the Sat Receiver to the HT Receiver.

Cheers,
I totally agree. I would also love to be able to at least pass 480i on SD stations

I'd like to see Dish fix the Dolby Digital over HDMI problem. It would be nice for a single cable to go from the Sat Receiver to the HT Receiver.

That's funny, I specifically registered to ask why dish hasn't done that yet. I switch my receiver audio from the optical to hdmi every time they release new firmware, and everytime 2-channel pcm. Sort of defeats the point of HDMI.:mad:

They should be able to send it a variety of ways too. Either send the DolbyDigital to the av receiver through HDMI and let the receiver decode it, or have the dish box decode the Dolby Digital to 6-channel pcm. I assume that they are down-mixing and converting the Dolby Digital to 2 channel PCM for HDMI now anyways.

I was having problems just a few minutes ago on my standard defifinition locals i was watching the evening news after getting home from work i kept loosing the satellite 110 and i couldnt get out of the error screen i had to re boot my 211 2 times by the time it finished my local news was over :mad: I will try it again later im using the net for now and im listening to sirus threw the 211 no problems there. :D Oh i just noticed when i saw this thread i too now have the L2.67 i hope they learned something from the sh!tty 811? :eek:

I spent about 90 minutes on the phone with the low level tech support people early this morning raising bloody hell about the way the 211ViP and their 129W space junk are operating in conjunciton with each other as they spacejunk shifts position and the must use a thermal nuclear blast to nudge it into place - yeah right!

Interesting that they knew nothing about this firmware about to spool in literally 180 or so minutes.

They admitted to me UHD was faux MPEG4, but flat out stated they did not have a bunch of reports of the errors from 129W in particular causing the picture to lock on the 211 and then a reboot is needed and another acquire satellite episode.

Even more surprising they claimed to know nothing about 129W loosing steerability and said it sounded like an internet rumor. I stated they should learn how to read the company's 10Q submitted to the SEC and made public to shareholders - and if it wasn't true, then Charlie and the techs will be doing Charlie's Chat from Leavenworth - or if we are really lucky - SuperMax out in Colorado.

Apparently Goalie Bobs statement makes it sound like nothing has changed :(

The old 6000s at least did not go through this ridiculous acquire channels on different transponders prior to picture

Yeah I have not really had any of those issues with my 411 but let us know if this update helps you any. :)

I have noticed since the software update on both the 622 and 211, that the jerkiness of mpeg 4 broadcasts have all but dissappeared. While watching the opening sequence of Lost the Lost logo moves on the screen used to be very jerky. Tonight it was perfect on both models.

my vip221 hooked up with hdmi loses audio everytime I change channels with this new software can anybody help because "D" sure cann't. I sure cann't beleve they make people put up with this

I had had my vip211 changed out a few weeks back and everything was running great on 2.66. They loaded the 2.67 software and now the lip synch issue is back, worse than ever. I tried rebooting and I also tried unplugging it for 5 minutes and booting. While it makes it slightly better, it isn't like it was. The problem is it is on the sd channels too, not just the hd. I called dish to complain and ask for the old software back. I know it won't happen but if it doesn't fix soon, I'll ask for credit like I did on my first receiver.

No Audio

When I turn on TV connected to HDMI, there is no audio. Began happening on Tue 6/20 .
Need to turn TV off and on several times to get audio back.

What?

HDTVFanAtic said:
I spent about 90 minutes on the phone with the low level tech support people early this morning raising bloody hell about the way the 211ViP and their 129W space junk are operating in conjunciton with each other as they spacejunk shifts position and the must use a thermal nuclear blast to nudge it into place - yeah right!

Interesting that they knew nothing about this firmware about to spool in literally 180 or so minutes.

They admitted to me UHD was faux MPEG4, but flat out stated they did not have a bunch of reports of the errors from 129W in particular causing the picture to lock on the 211 and then a reboot is needed and another acquire satellite episode.

Even more surprising they claimed to know nothing about 129W loosing steerability and said it sounded like an internet rumor. I stated they should learn how to read the company's 10Q submitted to the SEC and made public to shareholders - and if it wasn't true, then Charlie and the techs will be doing Charlie's Chat from Leavenworth - or if we are really lucky - SuperMax out in Colorado.

Apparently Goalie Bobs statement makes it sound like nothing has changed :(

The old 6000s at least did not go through this ridiculous acquire channels on different transponders prior to picture

I called about the 211 lock up and thay said I needed a dish 1000. I have a superdish and a dish 500 the 500 is at 129 and it sucks. Anywat the tech came out and looked at my setup and said to keep it the way it is but we moved the 500 their was a tree on the left of it cousing the sig to jump noew it works and wow no lock up Check the 129 sig if it bounces a lot it will lock it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)