Vip 211 OTA Guide

mperdue

mperdue

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
McCordsville, Indiana
I noticed that the guide for OTA locals started working on my Vip 211 today. Was there a software upgrade? I don't subscribe to local channels. Is anyone else getting the guide information now?

Mario

C

chrisfred

Jan 2, 2006
Same thing happened to me on my 942 today. Not sure what's going on, but I'm not complaining. Hope it's not a glitch, & gone tomorrow.

jscud

jscud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 25, 2005
Central NH
I noticed that the guide for OTA locals started working on my Vip 211 today. Was there a software upgrade? I don't subscribe to local channels. Is anyone else getting the guide information now?

Mario

Could be related to the free preview of locals that you should be receiving until the end of 2006. Check channel 240 for details.

John

Foxbat

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I was hoping Dish decided to be a good company and give us non-locals subscribers the ATSC digital info for our Digital OTA stations. I notice I have an 084-01 on my 942 which is a Home Shopping Channel but this doesn't show up OTA as far as I know.

BlackHitachi

BlackHitachi

Medford Oregon
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2003
Medford, Oregon
[LEFT said:
Foxbat[/LEFT];706527]I was hoping Dish decided to be a good company and give us non-locals subscribers the ATSC digital info for our Digital OTA stations.

:haha:clap That would be so cool but this is Dish we are talking about.

bgsmallwood

bgsmallwood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 30, 2004
The Nations
I now have the guide info for my OKC locals OTA also and I don't subscribe to locals either. When I change the guide to "All Channels" or "Sub Channels" I don't see the analog locals that E* provides so I don't think it is because of a free preview period. I think they just finally got the guid working for the OTA locals which is good since D* gives you the guide even if you don't subscribe to the locals.